It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connector License

Simona Ciardi (645) | asked Jun 16 '11, 7:31 a.m.
Hi to all! I've read the guide of QM, but I don't understand the part about the connector license. The definition is: "Assigned only to the single user ID employed to service Rational Quality Manager adapter connections, import/export capability, and Rational ClearQuest connections. This user ID is not counted as part of the server user limit. This user ID does not allow web access into Rational Quality Manager."
The adapter connections mentioned are those for RFT,RPT end so on?
And the import and export capabilities are available just with extensions to RQM?
Simona

One answer

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Jun 16 '11, 9:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi to all! I've read the guide of QM, but I don't understand the part about the connector license. The definition is: "Assigned only to the single user ID employed to service Rational Quality Manager adapter connections, import/export capability, and Rational ClearQuest connections. This user ID is not counted as part of the server user limit. This user ID does not allow web access into Rational Quality Manager."
The adapter connections mentioned are those for RFT,RPT end so on?
And the import and export capabilities are available just with extensions to RQM?
Simona

Yes, "adapter connections" is referring to the test execution adapters (RFT,RPT and so on).

And the import/export capability is referring to external tools that are used to get and put data into RQM. Such tools as the RQM Copy Utility, Excel/Word Import plugin for RQM, RQM Url Utility, etc...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.