It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Trial to Free License Conversion Fails JTS 3.0.1 RC3

Glenn Cadoret (11) | asked Jun 13 '11, 10:04 p.m.
I have a Jazz Team Server 3.0.1 RC3 running with the trial licenses activated. I have downloaded the "10 Free" licenses. When I try to add them to the server, I get this error:

An error occurred while requesting a preview of the license state. (Two policies can only be merged if their operation rules are exactly the same, but the two policies had a different number of rules)ID CRJAZ1663E

A search on the error code on jazz.net returns nothing, and a Google search returns almost nothing and nothing useful.

Operating system is Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. Everything else seems to be running just fine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Glenn

17 answers

permanent link
Philip Barnes (11) | answered Sep 10 '11, 11:02 a.m.
Hi,

I installed 3.0.1 RC3 from the jazz website and attempted to load the 10 Free Developer License keys and also get the ID CRJAZ1663E error as originally reported by Glenn.

The behaviour is the same - the licenses appear to have loaded and then the message:

An error occurred while requesting a preview of the license state. (Two policies can only be merged if their operation rules are exactly the same, but the two policies had a different number of rules)ID CRJAZ1663E

Was this resolved - I've checked the other parts of the forums, but there does not seem to be a specific answer other than access the keys from the rational license website. I don't have access as I am trying the products out at home for training, as I have moved into a new role at work.

Regards,
Phil Barnes.

permanent link
Philip Barnes (11) | answered Sep 10 '11, 3:16 p.m.
After 4 attempts at local installation my final solution was to use the web installation and not a local package installation.

This worked. It seems that the keys in the local installation package are different to the web installation and have expired.

Regards,
Phil Barnes.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 12 '11, 5:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
After 4 attempts at local installation my final solution was to use the web installation and not a local package installation.

This worked. It seems that the keys in the local installation package are different to the web installation and have expired.

Regards,
Phil Barnes.

Why are you Not trying to use a Release Build by now?
RC3 is an old and not officially supported Build.

permanent link
Martin Lauridsen (1211211) | answered Jan 23 '12, 4:17 a.m.
So it has been a while since there was activity in this thread, but I'm gonna try my luck instead of creating a new one, as my error is very similar.

The first part of the error I am getting is the same, however I do not get the "merging" error..:

An error occurred while requesting a preview of the license state. (CRJAZ1033I Failed to fetch content _2XBq4EWhEeGs16ySjM5R2Q.)ID CRJAZ1663E

This happens when I try to use a license which was provided to me my another co-worker. We have used the trial licenses and they have expired two days ago. I made sure the file has read, write and execute permission, don't know if that makes a difference.

Build info is
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 3.0.1.1 (RJF-I20111006-0903)

We're running it on Apache Tomcat using DB2 express-C.

Any help is much welcome!

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 23 '12, 4:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Martin,

please open a new thread. It would have 0 answers which would indicate users that they should have a look.

Also please describe the use case a little bit more in detail, what did you do, when does the error come up etc.

permanent link
Martin Lauridsen (1211211) | answered Jan 23 '12, 5:13 a.m.
Hi Martin,

please open a new thread. It would have 0 answers which would indicate users that they should have a look.

Also please describe the use case a little bit more in detail, what did you do, when does the error come up etc.

Hi Ralph,
Thanks. The problem solved itself after restarting the JTS server. Weird!

- Martin

permanent link
Leonardo Marzo (24964852) | answered Jul 31 '12, 11:21 a.m.
 I'm getting the same error but in the upgrade process from 3.0.1 to 4.0.

The step repotools-jts.sh -upgradeWarehouse fails with the following error:

2012-07-31 11:38:01,590 Two policies can only be merged if their operation rules are exactly the same, but the two policies had a different number of rules
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseKeyMergeException: Two policies can only be merged if their operation rules are exactly the same, but the two policies had a different number of rules ..........

I think the problem is also related with the 10 free developer licenses. 

We cannot upgrade RTC to 4.0, I will appreciate any help you may give us.

Regards

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.