It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Running a deployment in RAF but want to get the built deployable binary from an RTC component

Rob Vanstone (546) | asked Jan 22 '13, 5:17 a.m.
Code within source components in RTC are compiled and packaged using ant via a Build Engine and the resultant package is stored in a separate RTC component.  A later step in the workflow calls for this built package to be deployed to a remote target, for this we use RAF. 

A Rational Automation Framework deployment project is used but prior to deploying I need RAF to obtain the package from the RTC component. I could do this with a pre-step in RAF using the command line client for example, but since I am initiating the RAF deployment from an RTC build definition, is there no way of referencing the RTC source?  I understand that needs a JBE but could I "daisy chain" build definitions? - I can't see how

Any thoughts or advice?

Many Thanks

Rob

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jan 22 '13, 10:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You can't chain together the builds in RTC, but you can access the Jazz Source Control participant variables in the Build Forge (RAF) build.  By using those variables you can call the JBE as a one-shot run and get the source that way.  The variables will be available in BF as team_scm_*.  Just feed those variables into the JBE in a step and you will get what you need.
Rob Vanstone selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.