It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item Custom Attributes - using change retro-actively

Maureen Troendle (1633) | asked Jun 10 '11, 1:04 p.m.
I've added an enumeration, added a custom attribute that uses that enumeration and then made it available in the Editor Presentation. So the new value I've added ("Owned By Group") shows up when I create a new "Task" in the work item screen and the appropriate drop-down list (enumeration) shows up.

My problem is with pre-existing "tasks" xreated before the change. In the web view the item shows up but is greyed out and unselectable. In the thick RTC client, it doesn't show up at all.
Is there a way to make that change retro-active to existing open tasks, so we can modify them?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 14 '11, 12:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Maureen,

this is probably the "Synchronize Attributes" feature you search for. Work items don't have attributes that where added after they where created.
It is in the help about customizing work items. This has been answered several times - it was quite popular, therefore it is also in one of the three "Cool Hidden Features" articles: https://jazz.net/library/article/503

8-)

Thanks,

Ralph

I've added an enumeration, added a custom attribute that uses that enumeration and then made it available in the Editor Presentation. So the new value I've added ("Owned By Group") shows up when I create a new "Task" in the work item screen and the appropriate drop-down list (enumeration) shows up.

My problem is with pre-existing "tasks" xreated before the change. In the web view the item shows up but is greyed out and unselectable. In the thick RTC client, it doesn't show up at all.
Is there a way to make that change retro-active to existing open tasks, so we can modify them?

permanent link
Maureen Troendle (1633) | answered Jun 14 '11, 7:31 p.m.
thanks - found it in this article - https://jazz.net/library/article/529 which was part 2. Still trying to work out the proper queries to find the ones to update but I'm on the right track now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.