It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

a COM.BUILDFORGE.SERVICES.COM api EXCEPTION OCCURED

Lalitha Prasad (2165) | asked Jun 09 '11, 1:33 a.m.
I have installed build forge and it was working properly till today.
But when I try to add new user or do any task.it comes back to Login page.
So restarted build forge server..and I found the following error in catalina.out.log file

Jun 9, 2011 7:22:19 AM com.buildforge.services.server.Main idle
INFO: Blocking until the dispatcher shuts down...
Jun 9, 2011 7:22:20 AM com.buildforge.services.server.manager.SessionManager getAuthContext
WARNING: Login failed - token is for an external session
Jun 9, 2011 7:22:20 AM com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection process
WARNING: !!!
com.buildforge.services.common.api.APIException: API: Authentication Error.
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection.setAuthToken(APIServerConnection.java:462)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.doLogin(AuthCommands.java:301)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.invoke(AuthCommands.java:90)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APICommandProcessor.process(APICommandProcessor.java:275)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection.handleRequest(APIServerConnection.java:236)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection.process(APIServerConnection.java:150)

Please respond what could have gone bad and how to resolve this issue.

One answer

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jun 09 '11, 8:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have installed build forge and it was working properly till today.
But when I try to add new user or do any task.it comes back to Login page.
So restarted build forge server..and I found the following error in catalina.out.log file

Jun 9, 2011 7:22:19 AM com.buildforge.services.server.Main idle
INFO: Blocking until the dispatcher shuts down...
Jun 9, 2011 7:22:20 AM com.buildforge.services.server.manager.SessionManager getAuthContext
WARNING: Login failed - token is for an external session
Jun 9, 2011 7:22:20 AM com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection process
WARNING: !!!
com.buildforge.services.common.api.APIException: API: Authentication Error.
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection.setAuthToken(APIServerConnection.java:462)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.doLogin(AuthCommands.java:301)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.invoke(AuthCommands.java:90)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APICommandProcessor.process(APICommandProcessor.java:275)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection.handleRequest(APIServerConnection.java:236)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection.process(APIServerConnection.java:150)

Please respond what could have gone bad and how to resolve this issue.

Hi,

Sometimes exceptions like that occur when the same user id is being used to log in from multiple places. For example, if you have two users that are using the same id in their respective browsers or if you have a program or script using the services layer APIs to access the system that is using the same user id as you're using to log into the browser.

Brent Ulbricht
Developer/Lead - RTC Build

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.