It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Anyone using BF on z/OS?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | asked Sep 09 '10, 3:03 p.m.
Hi

I am using CC/CQ/BF to replace Endevor on mainframe. I find BF isn't very useful based on the fact that it's on USS and ReXX. The reason is most of companies are COBOL based and all existing build scripts are JCL. I can't find a good way to use BF in this case.

Why we don't have a BF agent on VMS? Same as ClearCase, no money to write such an agent?

Thanks
Jirong

2 answers

permanent link
Charles Rankin (11) | answered Sep 10 '10, 4:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As you indicate, the Build Forge agent runs in USS, and we have no current plans to change that. However, there is work being done to support execution of JCL via the Build Forge agent. In fact, this support is provided today via Rational Team Concert for System z. We are looking at the best way to make this support available for use in a future release of Build Forge, but, at the moment, I am unable to commit to a specific timeframe.

permanent link
Jonas Gryder (11663) | answered Sep 13 '10, 12:29 p.m.
You can put your JCL in a REXX wrapper. Here are some use cases from IBM supplied to us that you may find helpful, including code for various compile scenarios that you can pretty much cut and paste.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/downloads/08/bf_zseries/index.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.