It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAFW_HOME directory permissions

sriram thiruvenkatachari (8698) | asked Aug 05 '10, 2:51 p.m.
RAFW propagates the config files from the framework server to the target server for managing operations activities (deploy, install etc). The landing directory on the target WAS server exists under an OS id and OS group. (I am referencing the AIX_RAFW_HOME directory property set in the configure.properties file).

When multiple products(WAS, WPS, WSRR etc) run on the same physical server, they usually run under different id's. Can I setup projects under different id's to run on the same server ?

I have experienced issues when RAFW utilizes different ids to update AIX_RAFW_HOME directory on the same server.

Appreciate the feedback.Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Barton Akeley (4631) | answered Aug 16 '10, 5:02 p.m.
Currently, RAFW 7.1.1.4 can store the ssh credentials at the cell or node level, however if you are running into permissions issues with multiple users within RAFW_HOME, you may want to consider creating logical RAFW environments for each different user.

This should place files owned by different users at different scopes and avoid conflicts.

This may also depend on what type of issue you are having with multiple users and what version of RAFW you are using?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.