It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restricting delivery preconditions-Limitation or Bug?

Patrick Gagan (31185) | asked Jun 02 '11, 10:47 a.m.
Hello,
I have tried implementing this in both RTC 2.0.0.2 and 3.0 and am seeing the same behavior.

I am using the "Restrict Change set delivery to components in a stream" preconditon set for the "Deliver(server)" operation
for the TeamMember role.
I can set the permission on a single component in a stream to a role(ie.Product owner), however, when I choose an
additional/different stream(different or same component) and set the same permissions/role and then Save the Team Area,
it only saves one of the Streams/component permissions that I have changed.

Basically, the UI allows you to save one stream setting but not both. Also, when switching the stream drop down,
the grid does not reflect the changes saved in the process config.

Has anyone reported this before? Why are we limited to only 1 stream

Cheers,
Patrick Gagan

4 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jun 02 '11, 11:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think you have to add the precondition again to set another stream. You can add the precondition even though it is already in the list.

permanent link
Jose Miguel Ordax Cassa (2.4k4126100) | answered Jun 02 '11, 6:06 p.m.
I opened an enhancement request some time ago for this issue but it
seems no progress has been done:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=87850

On 6/2/2011 5:23 PM, tmok wrote:
I think you have to add the precondition again to set another stream.
You can add the precondition even though it is already in the list.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jun 03 '11, 11:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=87850

Have you tried adding another restrict delivery to components precondition? It is not ideal because restriction settings are lost when changing the drop-down but multiple streams can be configured.

permanent link
Patrick Gagan (31185) | answered Aug 31 '11, 9:42 a.m.

Have you tried adding another restrict delivery to components precondition? It is not ideal because restriction settings are lost when changing the drop-down but multiple streams can be configured.

Just wanted to say/confirm that the above works, creating a precondition per stream, in case anyone else encounters this same issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.