It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Component Root in Build Workspace

Victor Campbell (3502618) | asked May 25 '11, 9:33 a.m.
I am using RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix2. I want to include the component root as a directory in my Build Workspace, but I can not seem to find out how. This would be similar to using the "-i" option using the "load" on the command line. The problem I'm having is that there are files at the root level, that I can load locally, but are not loaded using the Jazz Team Build.

2 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered May 25 '11, 2:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am using RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix2. I want to include the component root as a directory in my Build Workspace, but I can not seem to find out how. This would be similar to using the "-i" option using the "load" on the command line. The problem I'm having is that there are files at the root level, that I can load locally, but are not loaded using the Jazz Team Build.

Hi,

I believe this previous topic covers the area that you're interested in. The post dated Dec 03, 2010 10:57 contains some information about a workaround for 2.x. For 3.x there has been an enhancement so that you do not have to use the scm cli from your build script.

Brent Ulbricht
Developer/Lead - RTC Build

permanent link
Victor Campbell (3502618) | answered May 25 '11, 2:34 p.m.
Thanks for the link. We've already took the "easy" approach and refactored the project structure, moving all the files from the root directory to a subsequent folder.

Comments
Victor Campbell commented Oct 11 '12, 9:57 a.m. | edited Oct 11 '12, 4:08 p.m.

A follow up on my original observation with the build definitions and build workspaces.  We finally upgraded from RTC 2.0.0.2 to 4.0, and are now observing a unique way the build workspaces are loading that differs from what someone would see creating a client repository workspace.  I've noticed there is now a "Create folders for components" option, something we were looking for in RTC 2.0.0.2.  However, in leaving the builds that are already in place, multiple component builds now fail with "Loading the directories in the file system would overwrite/remove existing directories".  This is not quite accurate, the problem exists by trying to load duplicate ".project" files from the top level, and they collide with each other.  It seems like we have 2 options:  (1) Delete the ".project" files, which were checked in and delivered by our business analysts because they load their workspaces at the component folder level, only to have them do it again the next time they deliver more documentation changes.  (2)  Use the 'Create folders for component" option, and change the build "ant" files to acknowledge that referencing resources that span across different components are now at an additional directory level.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.