It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Beta3 -> RC3 license issue?

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k12288273) | asked May 19 '11, 8:50 a.m.
Hello,

I downloaded RC3 to validate fixes from Beta3, however, is there a license file I should be able to use? It states I don't have any licenses and I am stuck with the trial licenses (fine). However, I can create the sample database b/c I have no licenses to assign users.
Private Message | E-mail

4 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered May 19 '11, 4:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

I downloaded RC3 to validate fixes from Beta3, however, is there a license file I should be able to use? It states I don't have any licenses and I am stuck with the trial licenses (fine). However, I can create the sample database b/c I have no licenses to assign users.
Private Message | E-mail

I think I saw something like this problem today. I ran jts/setup and merrily clicked through the setup pages and then got stuck. I found I had to activate each license type (clicking on Activate and agreeing to the license agreement). Try running setup again or go and look at the license pages on the server to see if you need to activate the new RC3 licenses.

anthony

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k12288273) | answered May 19 '11, 4:45 p.m.
Hello,

Private Message | E-mail

I think I saw something like this problem today. I ran jts/setup and merrily clicked through the setup pages and then got stuck. I found I had to activate each license type (clicking on Activate and agreeing to the license agreement). Try running setup again or go and look at the license pages on the server to see if you need to activate the new RC3 licenses.

anthony

Thanks, that was exactly the issue. I don't believe this was on the Beta version....

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered May 19 '11, 4:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Private Message | E-mail

anthony

Thanks, that was exactly the issue. I don't believe this was on the Beta version....

Excellent - glad that helped. This is definitely new and I am not sure I like this much. Perhaps one agreement for the whole set would be nicer.

anthony

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 20 '11, 1:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've submitted work item 166676, asking for a warning if you exit that
license page without selecting any licenses, and asking for the ability
to accept several trial licenses at once.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 5/19/2011 4:53 PM, kesterto wrote:
itengtoolswrote:
Hello,

I downloaded RC3 to validate fixes from Beta3, however, is there a
license file I should be able to use? It states I don't have any
licenses and I am stuck with the trial licenses (fine). However, I
can create the sample database b/c I have no licenses to assign
users.
Private Message | E-mail

I think I saw something like this problem today. I ran jts/setup and
merrily clicked through the setup pages and then got stuck. I found
I had to activate each license type (clicking on Activate and
agreeing to the license agreement). Try running setup again or go
and look at the license pages on the server to see if you need to
activate the new RC3 licenses.

anthony

Thanks, that was exactly the issue. I don't believe this was on the
Beta version....

Excellent - glad that helped. This is definitely new and I am not
sure I like this much. Perhaps one agreement for the whole set would
be nicer.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.