It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy System Definitions to another server

Stefan Hoffmann (14421820) | asked May 18 '11, 8:06 a.m.
Hello,

Is there an easy way to copy the system definitions (from the enterprise extensions) from one particular project to another rtc server?

I want to test the new 3.0.1 releases, specially the Dependency Build features.

And I do NOT want to:
1. Create all ~50 dataset defs, ~15 translator and ~15 lang defs from our current environment by hand to my testserver
2. write an ant file (setuprtc.xml) for import in my new server
3. Migrate our whole productive environment to a test installation just to get the System Definitions (derby wouldn't handle this.. ;-) )

Besides that, the system definitions seems not to be versioned. How can I make a snapshot from the current state, to which I can roll back. This is a real requirement for productive enviroments. Is there some sort of "hidden feature" like the process history?

Stefan

6 answers

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered May 18 '11, 9:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Stefan

What version are you currently on? ... i.e what version are you using where you have the ~50 dataset defs etc defined?

Guy

permanent link
Stefan Hoffmann (14421820) | answered May 18 '11, 10:08 a.m.
Hello Guy,

Currently 3.0.0 GA (no iFix).

Stefan

Hi Stefan

What version are you currently on? ... i.e what version are you using where you have the ~50 dataset defs etc defined?

Guy

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered May 18 '11, 12:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Taking this offline. We can supply some tooling to export these definitions so they can be imported into the new version

Guy

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered May 18 '11, 12:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Taking this offline. We can supply some tooling to export these definitions so they can be imported into the new version

Guy

and I should also mention that this tooling has been included in the upcoming v3.0.1 release

permanent link
Donald Poulin (2249119107) | answered May 23 '11, 8:16 a.m.
Where in version 3.0.1 is the documentation regarding the new "tooling" to export system definitions?

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered May 24 '11, 10:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Where in version 3.0.1 is the documentation regarding the new "tooling" to export system definitions?

Hi Donald
The doc server is down right now so I can't give you a link. However, it is discussed in Work item 162723 and there is an example in Work Item 148700

Guy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.