It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attaching HTML Report to Test Execution Result

Tarek ALqaisi (3144) | asked May 13 '11, 2:15 p.m.
Hello,
We are using RQM 2.0 IFIX5 and ready to upgrade to 3.0 when it is released.
We are trying to attach an HTML report to test execution result and I need help doing so.
We are using VectorCast to do unit tests. We execute these tests from RQM using command line adapter. Currently I convert the HTML report to text and dump on the console window, which is provided as result of the test execution.
How can I use RQM API to attach an html file ?
Thank you.

2 answers

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered May 14 '11, 6:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
We are using RQM 2.0 IFIX5 and ready to upgrade to 3.0 when it is released.
We are trying to attach an HTML report to test execution result and I need help doing so.
We are using VectorCast to do unit tests. We execute these tests from RQM using command line adapter. Currently I convert the HTML report to text and dump on the console window, which is provided as result of the test execution.
How can I use RQM API to attach an html file ?
Thank you.

Currently you can't do exactly what you are looking for. You can however dump html text to stdout and that HTML would be attached to the result. However it couldn't have embedded images.

This seems like a good enhancement request for the command-line adapter to provide a simple way for you to do this. Please open one:

http://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem

permanent link
Tarek ALqaisi (3144) | answered May 16 '11, 2:01 p.m.
Hello,
Thanks, Dumping the html file contents as txt worked fine for what I need now, However, I will create a new enhancement request as attachine more complicated reports will need more support from command line adapter

Comments
Matthew Brazeau commented Mar 09 '15, 4:17 p.m.

Has this enhancement request been processed?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.