It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Passing lab resource descriptions through command line adapter

Steven Machtelinckx (66156) | asked Apr 28 '15, 9:46 a.m.
edited Apr 29 '15, 3:45 a.m.
 Hi,

We've set up several lab resource descriptions (with a business value) which we would like to pass to a test run through command line adapter:

In the screenshot above I would like to access the "Type Of Action" variable in my test.

I've looked for the lab resource descriptions in the qm_ExecutionVariablesFile file, but only execution variables and built-in variables (for instance RQM_CONFIGURATION_NAME) seem to be present.

Is there a way to pass these custom lab resource descriptions through the command line adapter as an execution variable? Or is using the RQM API to get the test environment details the only option?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered May 05 '15, 5:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RQM does not pass that information automatically. You can create an execution variable and associate that with the script. Before running the test, you can provide the values (in this case the custom description of the resource) for the new execution variable from "Run Test Case" dialog.

permanent link
Steven Machtelinckx (66156) | answered May 05 '15, 6:40 a.m.
 Thanks for your feedback. 

We try to avoid creating an execution variable and manually setting the value or creating multiple testcases with different parameters since this parameter is already available in the Test environment.

I've started consuming the RQM api which seems to do the trick. From the execution record id passed as an excecution variable I'm querying RQM to get the environment and its configuration parts.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.