It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuration of process template

Wojciech Bialy (1196) | asked May 11 '11, 8:10 a.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to configure a new process template in RQM using RTC eclipse client. I've managed to add almost all things (roles, categories, etc) I wanted to, but stacked with configuration of additional test plan and test case templates.

The RTC client allows to create a process template out of existing project area. I have created new tp & tc templates in that way, and created a process template out of it after words. But when I create a new project area based on the new process my predefined templates are not there.
The new process consists only of the standard templates.

<followup-action description="Initializes a project area with default RQM categories." id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.service.setUpProject.categories" name="Setup Categories">

I try the same with roles and the trick works but apparently it doesn't work with tp & tc templates.

I have tried manually add the below lines in the process configuration file but it does not work either.

<followup-action id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.templates.setUpTemplate" name="Set Up AIA Template">
<template id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.templates.testplan.template_1305099765847" name="AIA Test Template"/>
<sections>
<section description="RQM-KEY-TC-SUMMARY-DESC" id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseSummary" name="RQM-KEY-TC-SUMMARY-TITLE"/>
<section description="RQM-KEY-TC-DESIGN-DESC" id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseDesign" name="RQM-KEY-TC-DESIGN-TITLE"/>
<section description="RQM-KEY-PROC-REVIEW-DESC" id="com.ibm.rqm.process.editor.section.review" name="RQM-KEY-PROC-REVIEW-TITLE"/>
</sections>
</followup-action>

Does anyone have an idea how I can predefine tp & tc templates in the new process template? I can't find any relevant information online.

Thanks in advance for all help.
Wojciech

3 answers

permanent link
steve martino (6689) | answered Aug 05 '11, 4:33 p.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to configure a new process template in RQM using RTC eclipse client. I've managed to add almost all things (roles, categories, etc) I wanted to, but stacked with configuration of additional test plan and test case templates.

The RTC client allows to create a process template out of existing project area. I have created new tp & tc templates in that way, and created a process template out of it after words. But when I create a new project area based on the new process my predefined templates are not there.
The new process consists only of the standard templates.

<followup>

I try the same with roles and the trick works but apparently it doesn't work with tp & tc templates.

I have tried manually add the below lines in the process configuration file but it does not work either.

<followup>
<template>
<sections>
<section>
<section>
<section>
</sections>
</followup>

Does anyone have an idea how I can predefine tp & tc templates in the new process template? I can't find any relevant information online.

Thanks in advance for all help.
Wojciech

We have the same issue. It would be nice to propagate customized test plan, test case and test suite templates from a tailored process template to new projects.

Is there a way to modify or add to the "com.ibm.rqm.template.service.setUpProject" follow-up actions?

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Aug 08 '11, 3:23 a.m.
I do have the same problem. It would be nice to share those configuration between project areas..

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Aug 08 '11, 5:15 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Testplan and testcase templates do not exist as a part of the process template, so as you've seen copying the process template will not bring over the TP and TC templates. Currently the only way to copy one of these templates to a different project is with the RQM API (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi).

- Rob

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.