It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Queries with bolean OR

Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | asked May 09 '11, 10:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would like to find assets with specific tags OR specific categories? How is the syntax for combining these conditions with the OR operator?

8 answers

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered May 10 '11, 8:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For classification you will do:

(classifications:(schema name) AND classifications:(field name) AND classifications:(path)) OR ...

Not sure that there is a syntax for tags

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered May 16 '11, 4:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ramhelp/v7r5m0/topic/com.ibm.ram.doc/topics/r_search_syntax.html

Thanks for that link. Had read it before, but there is only the AND described and my experiments with OR did not work. Especially not with tags.
But maybe I made a mistake.

permanent link
Eric Bordeau (27632) | answered May 17 '11, 4:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Look under the heading "Advanced search terms reference". The Query syntax column has "service OR design OR model". That looks for any of those terms anywhere in the asset's metadata, not specifically tags. I'm not sure if there's syntax for tags.

permanent link
Eric Bordeau (27632) | answered May 17 '11, 4:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
To search for tags, use the following syntax:

_fTag:(/some_tag)

Note the underscore character before fTag and the slash before the tag. Also, the tag must be all lowercase and any spaces replaced with underscores.

permanent link
Peter Kidwell (2399) | answered Jul 19 '11, 9:42 a.m.
To search for tags, use the following syntax:

_fTag:(/some_tag)

Note the underscore character before fTag and the slash before the tag. Also, the tag must be all lowercase and any spaces replaced with underscores.

Is there a way to search for an asset which has no tags? I'm specifically looking to run a report that shows which assets we forgot to tag.

Thanks,
Pete K.

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered Jul 19 '11, 1:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is there a way to search for an asset which has no tags? I'm specifically looking to run a report that shows which assets we forgot to tag.

Thanks,
Pete K.

* NOT _fTag:(*)

permanent link
Peter Kidwell (2399) | answered Jul 19 '11, 3:13 p.m.
* NOT _fTag:(*)

Beautiful, worked like a charm. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.