It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RQM open the link in the current tab?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked May 05 '11, 9:42 a.m.
Hi

I am using RQM 2 ifix3, when I click e.g. a test plan in the "View All Test Plan" tab, the new test plan opens in a new tab. After a while, I have too many tabs open and there is no Close All button.

So is there a way to ask RQM open the new selection in the current tab, not opening a new tab?

Thanks
Jirong

2 answers

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered May 09 '11, 10:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I am using RQM 2 ifix3, when I click e.g. a test plan in the "View All Test Plan" tab, the new test plan opens in a new tab. After a while, I have too many tabs open and there is no Close All button.

So is there a way to ask RQM open the new selection in the current tab, not opening a new tab?

Thanks
Jirong

I don't believe this is possible, but in RQM 3.0 if you right click an RQM tab there's a new option to "Close Others". This will close all tabs except the one you clicked on. It's very helpful in dealing with all the tabs opened when navigating RQM.

Also in RQM 3.0 there's a "List All Tabs" arrow in the upper right, on the same row as the tab names. It shows a complete list of all tabs with the option to "Close All". And in RQM 3.0 there are some user preference to control who tabs will be displayed when so many are open, it requires more than a single row to display the tabs.

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | answered May 10 '11, 8:56 a.m.
Why not providing an option to configure whether to open the new window in the current tab or in a new tab, just like any browser?

Jirong

I don't believe this is possible, but in RQM 3.0 if you right click an RQM tab there's a new option to "Close Others". This will close all tabs except the one you clicked on. It's very helpful in dealing with all the tabs opened when navigating RQM.

Also in RQM 3.0 there's a "List All Tabs" arrow in the upper right, on the same row as the tab names. It shows a complete list of all tabs with the option to "Close All". And in RQM 3.0 there are some user preference to control who tabs will be displayed when so many are open, it requires more than a single row to display the tabs.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.