It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Browser issues – Firefox is the supported browser; however, there are a number of functions that don’t work in firefox that require us to use IE

raj agarwal (144) | asked Jun 16 '14, 3:06 a.m.
1. Browser issues – Firefox is the supported browser; however, there are a number of functions that don’t work in firefox that require us to use IE
a. Assigning an Owner to a task must be done for the first time via IE and then that person will be available in Firefox
b. Creating a test plan in RQM has to be done in IE – it won’t save in Firefox

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 16 '14, 3:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am - since a long time - using Firefox only. I have never seen what you describe. I am able to perform anything I need with Firefox

I think there is something wrong with Firefox or your network. I would suggest getting in contact with support to get help figuring out what the issue is.

Piotr Aniola commented Jun 16 '14, 3:49 a.m.

What exactly do you mean by "won't save". Is there an error? Does the page hang? Firefox crashes?

Georg Kellner commented Jun 16 '14, 5:14 a.m.

I agree with Ralph, never seen such issues here in base functionality?
Are you using FF ESR 24 or Firefox latest?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 16 '14, 7:41 a.m.

Raj

For a. I did see similar behaviour in some environment, only when the Firefox is too new for your RQM. Although Firefox is supported version, there is compatible version for each version of RQM/RTC. Since Firefox is upgraded very often but the products are not, you'd better check with the version compatibility between them. When that happens, I have to use IE8(normally it is installed on the same machine) to workaround the issue as IE8 has been supported until v5.0(this version de-support IE8).

If you have RQM/RTC version as well as FF version, we can easily check with it from the system requirements.

For b. If the browser is compatible to the version of RQM(this need to be checked first to exclude the compatibility related issue), then the problem can be temporary. Sometimes when creating a testplan, if I did not save it in a certain of time, I would see error when saving the testplan later on. This usually is ok if I try again.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.