It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Displaying OpenSocial Gadgets

Bryan Sarazin (1631) | asked May 02 '11, 4:58 p.m.
I am trying to display the Dashboard Hello World Gadget on my personal dashboard to test opensocial support. I receive the following error after I add the opensocial gadget: HTTP Status 500 - The gadget cannot be rendered due to one or more errors: Unsupported/Unknown required feature: opensocial

If anyone who has had any success displaying opensocial gadgets point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
Randy Hudson (216243) | answered May 03 '11, 10:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jazz doesn't support that feature of OpenSocial. Which API from the "opensocial" feature does your gadget need to use?

permanent link
Bryan Sarazin (1631) | answered May 03 '11, 3:55 p.m.
I am new to opensocial development. To start I would like to determine if there is a way to display a gadget outside of team concert, more specifically on a sharepoint site. I am trying to determine if the Jazz Team Server can serve as the gadget server or if I need to setup Apache Shindig. It would be great to be able to display the Work Item List gadget in Sharepoint much like you can in igoogle. I have looked through some of your internal internal wikis. Once again, any advice you could provide would be great

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/OpenSocialJazzTutorial
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/OpenSocial

permanent link
Randy Hudson (216243) | answered May 03 '11, 4:51 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am new to opensocial development. To start I would like to determine if there is a way to display a gadget outside of team concert, more specifically on a sharepoint site.

Does sharepoint support OpenSocial 1.0 gadgets?

I am trying to determine if the Jazz Team Server can serve as the gadget server or if I need to setup Apache Shindig. It would be great to be able to display the Work Item List gadget in Sharepoint much like you can in igoogle.

There are two pieces to the puzzle. The hosting web UI needs to support OS if you want to be able to embed the Work Item gadget in it.

What are you trying to do? Embed the workitem gadget in sharepoint? or write your own gadget (which you'd want to embed where?)?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.