It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational DOORS 9.5 Integration with RTC 5.0.0

Deepali Deshmukh (8913759) | asked Jul 24 '14, 3:27 a.m.
edited Jul 24 '14, 3:28 a.m.
 Hi all,
I want to integrate DOORS 9.5 with RTC 5.0.0 on windows 7 professional. I have successfully installed and configured DOORS web access.

I have successfully created Configuration template in DOORS using OAuth .

I am unable to create Configuration Template using Basic Auth. URL for change management server- https://localhost:9443/ccm/oslc/catalog . I am getting Error ID: CRCRD7201E, while connecting the server URL.

Is it that RTC does not support Basic Auth ?

What is the difference between Basic Auth and OAuth?

Have I missed any steps?

Please guide me on this.

Thanks in Advance!! 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Maeve OReilly (3813) | answered Jul 24 '14, 4:39 a.m.
Hi Deepali,

Basic Auth is there for old Rational Change versions that did not support oAuth.
I have never seen it used with RTC and all testing will have been done with oAuth.
But whether RTC supports it or not I don't know.  As it isn't working, I guess not.  You could check the ccm.log on your RTC server, might say more.  

oAuth is basically more secure and is tied to how you have set up the friendship in the OSLC-Remote Services tab and the RTC consumers inbound/friends outbound.  The consumer key/secret you set up are for oAuth to allow DOORS have access to the RTC data and vice versa.

I would recommend you stick with oAuth.  You'll need it setup anyway if you want to have OSLC implemented by links from RTC work items to requirements in DOORS.  DOORS mandates oAuth.  

HTH
Maeve  
Deepali Deshmukh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Deepali Deshmukh commented Jul 25 '14, 2:22 a.m.

Hi Maeve,

Thanks for the clarification, it really helped me. Please , can you provide me with Links which can help me for integration and use cases for DOORS-RTC.

Regards,
Deepali Nigade.

Maeve OReilly commented Jul 25 '14, 6:04 a.m.
Hi Deepali,

If it is a case you just need traceability - link a requirement to a work item - all you have to do is add RTC in the OSLC Remote Services of DOORS and DOORS in the Application-Friends Outbound/Consumers Inbound of RTC.   Also in RTC you need to do a project association in the RTC project.   Then in DOORS  under the normal Links menu you can link to RTC and vice versa in RTC.  http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYQBZ_9.6.0/com.ibm.rational.doors.integrating.doc/topics/t_configureconsumecmqmdata.html

I think you must already have done that or the oAuth wouldn't have worked.  

Maeve OReilly commented Jul 25 '14, 6:04 a.m.

But if you want change management - changes cannot be made to my requirement unless they are approved in RTC - then it's more complex.  You need to create the template and apply it to the modules you wish to control.  But more complicated, you need to decide on your approval process and what will work best for you. 

Quite a nice youTube on this:

Good luck!
Maeve

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.