It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting contributors and related process roles assigned.

Dashrath Kale (1542723) | asked Apr 25 '11, 7:42 a.m.
Hi

I am trying to get the process roles assigned for the users/contibutors at project area level.

I am using below API but the getMembers and getRoleCast methods but are deprecated.

List<IContributor> existingTeamMembers = processAreaWorkingCopy

.getMembers();

IRole[] existingProcessRoles = processAreaWorkingCopy
.getRoleCast(existingTeamMember);

Are there any other methods we I can use here?.

3 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Apr 25 '11, 8:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The deprecation javadoc on the methods suggest using ITeamWorkingCopy. So, you can call getTeam().getRoleCast().

Martha
Jazz Developer, Process Component.

Hi

I am trying to get the process roles assigned for the users/contibutors at project area level.

I am using below API but the getMembers and getRoleCast methods but are deprecated.

List<IContributor> existingTeamMembers = processAreaWorkingCopy

.getMembers();

IRole[] existingProcessRoles = processAreaWorkingCopy
.getRoleCast(existingTeamMember);

Are there any other methods we I can use here?.

permanent link
Dashrath Kale (1542723) | answered Apr 26 '11, 7:28 a.m.
But we want to remove the project members at project level and not at team level,for this do we still need use the below methods:

processAreaWorkingCopy.[b]getTeam().removeContributors[/b](teamMemberList_ToBeRemoved.toArray(new IContributorHandle[teamMemberList_ToBeRemoved.size()]));

processAreaWorkingCopy.[b]getAdministrators().removeContributors[/b](scmAdminList_ToBeRemoved.toArray(new IContributorHandle[scmAdminList_ToBeRemoved.size()]));

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Apr 27 '11, 3:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can use IProcessAreaWorkingCopy.getTeam() to get the ITeamWorkingCopy for a project area or team area. With the ITeamWorkingCopy you can manipulate the roles, add contributors or remove contributors.

Martha
Jazz Developer, Process component

But we want to remove the project members at project level and not at team level,for this do we still need use the below methods:

processAreaWorkingCopy.[b]getTeam().removeContributors[/b](teamMemberList_ToBeRemoved.toArray(new IContributorHandle[teamMemberList_ToBeRemoved.size()]));

processAreaWorkingCopy.[b]getAdministrators().removeContributors[/b](scmAdminList_ToBeRemoved.toArray(new IContributorHandle[scmAdminList_ToBeRemoved.size()]));

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.