It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I use RTC using ISPF Client and Web Client?

Yosuke Morita (665) | asked Apr 24 '11, 7:17 a.m.
Hi,

My customer will use RTC for Workitem, SCM, Build (Build, Dependency Build, Promotion).

Can they use RTC ISPF Client for SCM & Build, and Web Client for Workitem without using Eclipse Client?

I would like to know whether they can use RTC for Woriktem, SCM, Build without using Eclipse Client.

Is there an operation that can only using Eclipse Client?

I think the administrator operation like system definition for z/OS (language definition, dataset definition ...) can only using Eclipse Client.
So, not an administrator operation(=user operation) can without using Eclipse Client.

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Rosalind T Radcliffe (101) | answered Apr 25 '11, 10:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

My customer will use RTC for Workitem, SCM, Build (Build, Dependency Build, Promotion).

Can they use RTC ISPF Client for SCM & Build, and Web Client for Workitem without using Eclipse Client?

I would like to know whether they can use RTC for Woriktem, SCM, Build without using Eclipse Client.

I think the administrator operation like system definition for z/OS (language definition, dataset definition ...) can only using Eclipse Client.
So, not an administrator operation(=user operation) can without using Eclipse Client.

Thanks.

A user should be able to use the ISPF Client and the Web Client to do their daily work. The functions of accessing the source, making changes, checking them in, delivering the changes to the stream, associating changes to work items, submitting builds including personal builds are all provided in the ISPF client. The user would use the Web to do planning and work items, seeing dashboards etc.

As you mention administrative functions require the eclipse client. Setting up the System Definitions, package definitions, deployment definitions and build definitions.

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Apr 25 '11, 10:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Thanks.

Hi

Your description pretty much covers what we set out to do when we designed the ISPF client. Using the ISPF client and the Web client you should not need the Eclipse client.
As you have pointed out there are some (build)admin type functions that do require the Eclipse client such as creating Language Definitions etc. But creating these objects should not fall into the day to day responsibilities of a developer.
If you do discover something that you can not do using the ISPF + Web client then we would be very interested in hearing about it through an Enhancement request.

Guy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.