It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why aren't users receiving RTC emails for updates involving work items?

Corey Jacobs (642439) | asked Aug 31 '16, 8:09 p.m.
We currently have RTC 6.0.1 installed on Linux RHEL 7.2 server.  Currently we are experiencing problems with users not receiving emails for work items.  The types of email notifications for example being missed are description changes, comments added, owner changes.  I checked one of the user's settings to ensure they would have the right notifications set up and they were all set to the right settings for emails.  The user missed several emails for updates for a work item they were the owner of.  The SMTP server currently set is used for several other RTC servers on separate installations and emails work properly all the time with work item notifications for these other RTC servers.  I didn't see any Connection Refused error msgs with the SMTP server in the jazz logs.  Any clues as to what could be the cause?

Comments
Lily Wang commented Sep 01 '16, 2:20 a.m.

If you are sure the issue is not due to SMTP server, you can enable CCM mail service debug by editing file "<JazzTeamServer>/server/conf/ccm/log4j.properties", and add the following two lines:

log4j.logger.com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.save.notify.ChangeEventMailNotifier=DEBUG
log4j.logger.com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.mailer.MailerService=DEBUG
And restart server, you will see debug information in ccm.log.

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Sep 01 '16, 10:59 a.m.
We had reports of this in our upgraded to 6.0.2 environment.   We determined that the mail aggregation was loosing e-mails, so we disabled.  Disabled because the documented aggregation template was not appearing in the project.

I opened PMR regarding this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.