It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Associating Release to Buildresults or snapshots

Anders Truelsen (16212020) | asked Apr 13 '11, 8:24 a.m.
retagged Dec 13 '13, 2:43 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi

Is is possible to associate a Release to Snapshot or Build result?
The is an artifact column in the Release table but I can't figure what it is used for...

regards
/anders

Comments
Jacky perazio commented Nov 08 '13, 4:50 a.m. | edited Nov 11 '13, 5:29 p.m.

Hello,

If you have a solution, Please let me know. Because , I also look for this issue. Thank you in advance

Jacky

Nick Edgar commented Nov 11 '13, 5:32 p.m. | edited Nov 11 '13, 5:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can't figure what it is used for...

The association doesn't really have much semantics currently.  It just lets you see / navigate to the build associated with a release. From there, you could create a workspace/stream from the build's snapshot, e.g. to set up to reproduce a defect found in the release.

One answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Nov 11 '13, 5:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
From a build (build result editor in RTC Eclipse UI) you can create and associate a new Release.
There is an existing enhancement request to associate an existing release with a build, and otherwise manage the association better:

I wrote a JRuby script to do this recently, which I could share if there's interest.

Comments
Anders Truelsen commented Nov 12 '13, 9:17 a.m.

Hi Nick

I'd also like to be able to associate a snapshot with a build, can you do that with your JRuby magic as well?

/anders

Nick Edgar commented Nov 14 '13, 9:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Anders, yes this would be possible with JRuby scripting, and using actual RTC Build/SCM client API rather than internals.  But I'm curious about the scenario.  Normally the snapshot gets associated as a side effect of running the SCM phase, either with JBE or with the teamAccept Ant task.  The various integrations work similarly.  How are you running the SCM phase such that this doesn't happen?  Using the SCM CLI?

Nick Edgar commented Nov 16 '13, 5:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I've put the JRuby script to associate a release with a build here:

Jacky perazio commented Dec 04 '13, 5:21 a.m. | edited Dec 04 '13, 10:23 a.m.

Thank you nick

The ruby script to associate a release with build is working

Regards

Jacky

Nick Edgar commented Dec 04 '13, 2:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Good to hear.  Note to others: the build URL given needs to be of the resource/itemOid form (Copy URL on the build in the Eclipse UI) not the web UI URL.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.