It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can wiki style editing be extended to a work item tab?

Lila Aravopoulos (11166) | asked Apr 09 '11, 10:18 p.m.
Hi, I am wondering whether an editor with wiki style editing can be added as a tab to a work item type? This is an editor the same as the one used in the Overview tab of a plan. This question is for both RTC 2.0.x and 3.0.

Thanks
Lila

4 answers

permanent link
Andre Weinand (4811) | answered Apr 12 '11, 2:35 p.m.
Wiki style attributes became available in RTC 3.0 and feature parity of Web UI and Eclipse UI in RTC 3.0.1 M14.

Here is an example from jazz.net:
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/133631
(switch to the "Done Criteria" tab)

--andre

Andre Weinand
RTC Work Items Team

permanent link
mortycia trokferroth (1731) | answered Apr 12 '11, 9:00 a.m.
Hello Lila,

As far as I know, Wiki style attributes for work item types are available only from RTC v 3.0.1.

permanent link
Dong Lieu (5632) | answered Jun 02 '11, 11:00 a.m.
Hi Andre,
How do you go about creating that attribute for the tab? I've created my own workitem and custom tab but can't seem to get the description field to accept wiki formats.

In addition is there a way to mimic the Notes tab of the Plan editor, that would be ideal

Thanks,

permanent link
Dong Lieu (5632) | answered Jun 02 '11, 11:20 a.m.
Hi Andre,
How do you go about creating that attribute for the tab? I've created my own workitem and custom tab but can't seem to get the description field to accept wiki formats.

In addition is there a way to mimic the Notes tab of the Plan editor, that would be ideal

Thanks,

Ok, did not realize there was a wiki attribute until I created my own "description" section

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.