It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing RTC 3.0 on RAD 8.0.2

Mark Welesko (161) | asked Apr 08 '11, 3:57 p.m.
Hi,

I have installed RTC 3.0 (RTC-Client-Win-3.0.zip) on RAD 8.0.2 but after restarting RAD, the RTC welcome page does not appear. If I go to Window> Preferences> General> Capabilities> Advanced> Team, I do not see the Jazz Source Control option. I downloaded the zip files from https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0?p=allDownloads Is this the correct zip file or do I need to go through Xtreme Leverage and download IBM Rational Team Concert V3.0 Windows Local Install Multilingual (CZU07ML)?

5 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Apr 08 '11, 3:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have installed RTC 3.0 (RTC-Client-Win-3.0.zip) on RAD 8.0.2 but after restarting RAD, the RTC welcome page does not appear. If I go to Window> Preferences> General> Capabilities> Advanced> Team, I do not see the Jazz Source Control option. I downloaded the zip files from https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0?p=allDownloads Is this the correct zip file or do I need to go through Xtreme Leverage and download IBM Rational Team Concert V3.0 Windows Local Install Multilingual (CZU07ML)?

Hi Mark

You should be fine with RTC downloaded from jazz.net. Try reinstalling (I assume you used IM to do this). Also - check if you inadvertantly installed the RTC 2 client with your intial RAD install.

What OS? (I realise Windows - but XP/7 Prof/etc)

anthony

anthony

permanent link
Mark Welesko (161) | answered Apr 08 '11, 4:12 p.m.
I installed from RAD Help> Install New Software... I also installed RTC 3.0 the iFix1 this way. I did not use IM. In RAD I can see RTC Client Feature
under Installed Software, com.ibm.team.rtc.client.feature.feature.group 3.0.0.RTC-I20110307-1844.

Hi,

Hi Mark

You should be fine with RTC downloaded from jazz.net. Try reinstalling (I assume you used IM to do this). Also - check if you inadvertantly installed the RTC 2 client with your intial RAD install.

anthony

anthony

permanent link
Mark Welesko (161) | answered Apr 08 '11, 4:16 p.m.
I'm on Windows XP Professional V2002 SP3

Hi,

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Apr 09 '11, 4:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I installed from RAD Help> Install New Software... I also installed RTC 3.0 the iFix1 this way. I did not use IM. In RAD I can see RTC Client Feature
under Installed Software, com.ibm.team.rtc.client.feature.feature.group 3.0.0.RTC-I20110307-1844.

Hi,

Hi Mark

anthony

anthony

OK - you my want to have a go with IM. This will make ure you have all the pre-requesites and it should find the RAD Eclipse shell.

Ah - before you do that - did you do a eclipse.exe -clean?

anthony

permanent link
Mark Welesko (161) | answered Apr 11 '11, 1:26 p.m.
I took the route of downloading CZU07ML from XL and ran IM Install after adding the local repository to the IM Repositories. IM did not care if RTC 3.0 + iFix1 was already installed through RAD. I also upgraded RTC to iFix1 with IM.

Hi,

Hi Mark

anthony

anthony

OK - you my want to have a go with IM. This will make ure you have all the pre-requesites and it should find the RAD Eclipse shell.

Ah - before you do that - did you do a eclipse.exe -clean?

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.