It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Builds with RTC 3.0

adi hasan (86174) | asked Apr 05 '11, 4:26 a.m.
Hai Friends,

I want to build the source code in RTC, i have built the Java source code using ant. I generate the build.xml (export->General->ant buildfiles). i get 3 standard tab (overview,activities, logs) as the result of build. I need the download tab. i modify the build.xml. Any other ways to get the download tab without modify the build.xml?

Any good tutorial for this one? (explaining the parameters,etc)

One more thing, i try to find the tutorial to build using Visual Studio but i don't get it. Please help me, any good tutorial for Visual Studio?

thank you very much

7 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Apr 05 '11, 1:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hai Friends,

I want to build the source code in RTC, i have built the Java source code using ant. I generate the build.xml (export->General->ant buildfiles). i get 3 standard tab (overview,activities, logs) as the result of build. I need the download tab. i modify the build.xml. Any other ways to get the download tab without modify the build.xml?

One more thing, i try to find the tutorial to build using Visual Studio but i don't get it. Please help me, any good tutorial for Visual Studio?

thank you very much

As Chemi mentioned in previous post, you must contribute a file for the download tab to appear. You can use an Ant task such as 'artifactFilePublisher' in the build toolkit to perform the contribution. Check out the RTC documentation for the various attributes you can set for the Ant task.

For a good Visual Studio article, check out the link below.

http://jazz.net/library/article/518

Brent Ulbricht
Developer/Lead - RTC Build

permanent link
adi hasan (86174) | answered Apr 05 '11, 10:59 p.m.
Hai Friends,

thank you very much

As Chemi mentioned in previous post, you must contribute a file for the download tab to appear. You can use an Ant task such as 'artifactFilePublisher' in the build toolkit to perform the contribution. Check out the RTC documentation for the various attributes you can set for the Ant task.

Brent Ulbricht

Hai Chemi and Brent,

yes i have add "artifactFilePublisher" in the build.xml manually. Any function to generate the "artifactFilePublisher" automatically?

Thank you very much for the info. It really helps me.

permanent link
adi hasan (86174) | answered Apr 06 '11, 12:18 a.m.
Hai Friends,

thank you very much

Brent Ulbricht

Hi Brent,

i am learning the tutorial that you recommended (http://jazz.net/library/article/518). in that tutorial i need to create "MyCommonProperties.xml" and "jazzbuild.xml", and the content of the file is attached in some URL. i try to access that URL but i get the Error when opening the web page.

The URL is :
https://jazz.net/library/content/articles/rtc/3.0/continuous-integration-RTC-MVS/jazzbuild.xml

https://jazz.net/library/content/articles/rtc/3.0/continuous-integration-RTC-MVS/MyCommonProperties.xml

here is the error:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: https://jazz.net/library/content/articles/rtc/3.0/continuous-integration-RTC-MVS/jazzbuild.xml
Line Number 1, Column 1:?<xml>
^

Am i wrong? please advise me on this one.

thank you

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Apr 06 '11, 2:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

It looks like you received a response in your question directly in the article. You just need to right-click the files and 'Save As'.

Brent Ulbricht

permanent link
adi hasan (86174) | answered Apr 06 '11, 11:01 p.m.
Hi,

It looks like you received a response in your question directly in the article. You just need to right-click the files and 'Save As'.

Brent Ulbricht

yes, i have done that one and it run well.

one more question, where should the build toolkit be installed? is it in the RTC server or it can be in the client PC?

the build needs the components / properties to build such as "Path" (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\MSTest.exe) in "Ms Test Configuration" tab, so where do i provide that components regarding with the location of the build toolkit?

i mean, can the build toolkit be installed in other server (not in the RTC server)?

thank you

permanent link
adi hasan (86174) | answered Apr 08 '11, 1:42 a.m.
Yes, Build Engine (Toolkit) can be installed in a remote server
(different than RTC one). When you start it, you give as parameters the
URL, user, password.... to get connected to RTC Server.

But you shouldn't install it in developer box because that will
interfere a lot with developer daily work. You should install it in a
server machine, and make sure you install in that machine also all tools
that the build will require.

Hope this helps,

Chemi.

On 4/7/2011 5:08 AM, adichristantohasan wrote:
bjuwrote:
Hi,

It looks like you received a response in your question directly in
the article. You just need to right-click the files and 'Save As'.

Brent Ulbricht

yes, i have done that one and it run well.

one more question, where should the build toolkit be installed? is it
in the RTC server or it can be in the client PC?

the build needs the components / properties to build such as
"Path" (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\Common7\IDE\MSTest.exe) in "Ms Test Configuration" tab,
so where do i provide that components regarding with the location of
the build toolkit?

i mean, can the build toolkit be installed in other server (not in the
RTC server)?

thank you

Hi Chemi..

ok i get it. thank you very much

permanent link
Sasa Salamon (1111) | answered Nov 08 '11, 3:28 p.m.
Hi everyone,
I'm working on implementation of daily builds and also following mentioned article..
I found a problem with paths and especially with parameter ${team.scm.fetchDestination}. It does not seam to work good, by testing and looking around, I found that I need to use this:
"${team.scm.fetchDestination}\vstemp" instead of just "${team.scm.fetchDestination}"
My local code folder is "C:\temp\vstemp", so I guess vstemp is from there.

I was wondering if this is normal, and where is this parameter defined?
Also, I had to modify paths for start build engine command, not sure if that's connected to this?

Tnx

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.