It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has anyone encountered problems with files going missing after a deliver?

Jamie Berry (14013693) | asked Jun 08 '12, 1:29 p.m.
I have a user on one of the RTC projects I support who reported to me that while using Visual Studio 2010 with RTC, he had some changes to 2 files in his Pending Changes view.  He checked the files in then delivered them. After delivery, he went to Build his project and discovered that the 2 files were no longer in his sandbox.  He had a copy of the files elsewhere so he was able to copy them back into manually.  Due to this, I was unable to look at his workspace to see the files missing or determine anything else about what happened.  I thought I would check here to see if anyone has experienced this type of behavior before.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie.

One answer

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Jun 08 '12, 1:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't believe that we've received reports of files disappearing after a deliver. 

Is it possible that the user inadvertently discarded or suspended the change set after delivery? You could check to see if the stream contains the change set - if it doesn't the user may have done something other than a deliver. 

Comments
Jamie Berry commented Jun 08 '12, 2:01 p.m.

It is possible. I see some change sets dealing with the files in the stream but I haven't been able to get the user to confirm that these are the change sets he thinks he delivered. It makes no sense to me that if he actually delivered the changes that they would go missing. I assume that a deliver operation doesn't remove the files from the sandbox first then pull the copy just delivered back down... Thank you for the reply.

Evan Hughes commented Jun 08 '12, 2:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Delivery is a server-side only operation that doesn't modify the user's local sandbox, so I would be (very) surprised to see file changes as a result.

Sreerupa Sen commented Jun 19 '12, 11:32 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You could use our search feature from the top level Team Concert menu to look for change sets created by the user for the time when he delivered the changes. That'd tell you if those change sets exist in the repository or not.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.