It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

new DB2 setup - what worked for me

Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | asked May 17 '08, 4:49 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Had some very basic problems with the installation docs as written. :( The whole Jazz experience has been so cool up to now.

Here's what eventually worked for me, though no promises it is exactly right.

I had to set the teamserver.properties database user to "db2admin". Not some user named jazzDBuser, even though I tried to use that and created that user in both Windows and DB2 with DB admin rights and added it to the right groups. Didn't matter. Perhaps if I had changed the default db2admin to jazzDBuser during the DB2 install, jazzDBuser might have worked. If it has to be the user specified during DB2 installation, the docs should say so. If not, then I'd like to know what I could have done to make this work.

I also found a Defect (can't refind it now, though) that talked about issues with the DB2 database names being "jazz" or "scm" or "repository" or any other name that was the same as one of the schema names. I followed the published create database instructions and used a different name (MYJAZZDB). If that Defect is correct, then the samples should not include an example name that is doomed to failure.

With those changes, this line worked:

com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/MYJAZZDB:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=db2admin;password={password};

based on a straight accept-all-the-defaults when installing DB2-Express and updating the .password entry with the db2admin password.

One answer

permanent link
Dmitry Karasik (1.8k11) | answered May 19 '08, 7:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On Sat, 17 May 2008 20:57:55 +0000, millarde wrote:

I also found a Defect (can't refind it now, though) that talked about
issues with the DB2 database names being "jazz" or "scm" or "repository"
or any other name that was the same as one of the schema names. I
followed the published create database instructions and used a different
name (MYJAZZDB). If that Defect is correct, then the samples should not
include an example name that is doomed to failure.

This is bug 41503. I have never done a DB2 express GUI installation, so I
don't know what the default instance name is, but I am pretty sure it is
not JAZZ. The DB name doesn't matter, only the instance name, so the
example is ok.

- Dmitry

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.