It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem to connect RQM datasource with Data Manager

Arturo San Feliciano (4511011) | asked Apr 04 '11, 5:56 a.m.
Hi,

I have a problem with the Insight and RQM integration. When I try to test the connection "Rational Quality Manager" on Data Manager after restore the "OOTBDMCatalog" I get some errors:

1. ERROR
DM-DBM-0402 UDA driver reported the following:

UDA-SQL-0031 Unable to access the "ALIAS_04F44EA8" database.

UDA-SQL-0023 The connection to the "ALIAS_04F44EA8" database has been terminated due to an unrecoverable error.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. ERROR
DM-DBM-0306 UDA driver error connecting to 'ALIAS_04F44EA8'.

If I test the connection with XML Data Configuration the response is OK (CRRRE2840I: La conexion es satisfactoria)

My version of Insight is 1.0.1 and RQM is 2.0.1.1

I also try to create a new connection on a new Catalog with Data Manager and I get only the second error:

1. ERROR
DM-DBM-0306 UDA driver error connecting to 'ALIAS_048EC828'.

Anyone could give me a possible solution?

Thanks.

7 answers

permanent link
Petroula Pantazopoulos (36612) | answered Apr 05 '11, 12:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have a problem with the Insight and RQM integration. When I try to test the connection "Rational Quality Manager" on Data Manager after restore the "OOTBDMCatalog" I get some errors:

1. ERROR

UDA-SQL-0023 The connection to the "ALIAS_04F44EA8" database has been terminated due to an unrecoverable error.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. ERROR

If I test the connection with XML Data Configuration the response is OK (CRRRE2840I: La conexion es satisfactoria)

I also try to create a new connection on a new Catalog with Data Manager and I get only the second error:

1. ERROR

Thanks.

Does the ODBC data source referenced by the Rational Quality Manager connection profile in Data Manager actually exist? Also is the path to the xdc file configured in the definition of the ODBC data source valid?

permanent link
Chad Smith (21164) | answered Apr 05 '11, 2:08 p.m.
Hi,

1. ERROR

2. ERROR

1. ERROR

Thanks.

Does the ODBC data source referenced by the Rational Quality Manager connection profile in Data Manager actually exist? Also is the path to the xdc file configured in the definition of the ODBC data source valid?

I have verified that the data source does exist and the path to the xdc file is valid. This configuration worked until Friday of last week and we have not made any changes. I also tried to test the data source in cognos connection which fails the error messages see to say that the dispatcher is not starting cleanly.

permanent link
Petroula Pantazopoulos (36612) | answered Apr 05 '11, 2:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

1. ERROR

2. ERROR

1. ERROR

Thanks.

I have verified that the data source does exist and the path to the xdc file is valid. This configuration worked until Friday of last week and we have not made any changes. I also tried to test the data source in cognos connection which fails the error messages see to say that the dispatcher is not starting cleanly.
Can you post screen captures of the configuration of the data source in Data Manager and from windows "Data Sources (ODBC)"

permanent link
Chad Smith (21164) | answered Apr 05 '11, 2:43 p.m.
Hi,

1. ERROR

2. ERROR

1. ERROR

Thanks.

Can you post screen captures of the configuration of the data source in Data Manager and from windows "Data Sources (ODBC)"

My config is on RH linux. I am attaching the odbc config files. I have emailed you the files.

permanent link
Petroula Pantazopoulos (36612) | answered Apr 06 '11, 6:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

1. ERROR

2. ERROR

1. ERROR

Thanks.

My config is on RH linux. I am attaching the odbc config files. I have emailed you the files.
So before we investigate further I just want to make sure I understand.
1- You have deployed Insight on Linux and have configured the ODBC data sources there
2- From Windows you launch Data Manager and try to test the connection of the ODBC data sources that are defined on the remote Linux server

Is this correct?

permanent link
li yaqiang (19423) | answered Apr 06 '11, 10:36 a.m.
Hi,

1. ERROR

2. ERROR

1. ERROR

Thanks.

So before we investigate further I just want to make sure I understand.
1- You have deployed Insight on Linux and have configured the ODBC data sources there
2- From Windows you launch Data Manager and try to test the connection of the ODBC data sources that are defined on the remote Linux server

Is this correct?

Please first run the setenv.sh under the /etl/bin folder with ". ./setenv.sh" command. In the same shell, execute "odbcinst -q -s" to check whether the DSN names in the list is the same to your Catalog.
You can import the Catalog to your database on the linux, and then located the db to your windows server. Then open the Data Manager to check the connection content DSN name is in the list in the previous step.

permanent link
preetam kulkarni (139298) | answered May 20 '11, 4:17 a.m.
Hi ,

I too face the same issue like ERROR 2 mentioned.

I am having a standalone server running on windows 2003 Server addition.

Also , the odbc connections and xml configurations are valid as i get connection ok when tested.

Please suggest

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.