It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Inserting images

Gonzalo Soto (961159) | asked Dec 23 '10, 3:07 p.m.
Hi there!
Using Report Studio, I tried to insert an image, but I am not being able to do it unless I specify the url. What I want is to be able to point to the image locally.
It seems that I have to enable Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) on the Web server. At least that's what Help link says.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9062/screenshot70c.png

Any ideas?

Lastly, when I export the reports into an archive file (via Cognos content administrator->export), those multimedia files are going to be exported as well so that they are available when running them?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers

permanent link
Arturo San Feliciano (4511011) | answered Jun 09 '11, 6:54 a.m.

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Dec 23 '10, 8:49 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Hi Gonzalo,

From the information I have found it seems that you do need to provide a URL in order to reference an image from a report. If you have access to the local Cognos server, which it sounds like you do, you can add the images into the existing Cognos application deployed on WebSphere. (One method to add the images is to use the WebSphere administrative console.) Once you have a URL to reference the images you should be all set.

I haven't done much in terms of exporting report packages so I don't know if the images will be bundled in the exported package. I would be interested in hearing back from you about this if you try to export your reports after you get the images to work.

permanent link
Gonzalo Soto (961159) | answered Dec 27 '10, 8:19 a.m.
Hi Gonzalo,

From the information I have found it seems that you do need to provide a URL in order to reference an image from a report. If you have access to the local Cognos server, which it sounds like you do, you can add the images into the existing Cognos application deployed on WebSphere. (One method to add the images is to use the WebSphere administrative console.) Once you have a URL to reference the images you should be all set.

I haven't done much in terms of exporting report packages so I don't know if the images will be bundled in the exported package. I would be interested in hearing back from you about this if you try to export your reports after you get the images to work.

Thanks Lawrence for the quick response.
I still have 1 concern about the way to reference images. You mentioned using the WebSphere administrative console, so why not using the path that insight has for images? Why would you suggest to use WAS instead of cognos?
Do you have some guidance on how to upload an image via WAS?

Thanks in advance!

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Jan 02 '11, 9:58 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Hi Gonzalo,

I was suggesting that you use the WAS administrative console to update the Cognos Web application by adding in the images.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.