It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC3.0 path to RTCi

jim herron (814427) | asked Mar 28 '11, 4:20 p.m.
We are currently running on RTC3.0, and will want to include the i-series capability in the future. Will there be a path to move from the RTC jazz and ccm databases to a version of the server that includes the i-series capability?

One answer

permanent link
Sean Babineau (38825) | answered Mar 28 '11, 6:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We are currently running on RTC3.0, and will want to include the i-series capability in the future. Will there be a path to move from the RTC jazz and ccm databases to a version of the server that includes the i-series capability?

Good news! There's no need to move anything. As of RTC 3.0, there is no longer a separate RTCi product - the RTCi features have been consolidated into RTC. The Build System Toolkit for IBM i needs to be installed on the IBM i server. This connects to your Jazz Team Server (whereever that is already running), to extract source to libraries and execute builds, etc.

To access all of the Enterprise Extensions features (including IBMi and zOS), you need the to be assigned the Client Access License for "Rational Team Concert - Developer for IBM Enterprise Platforms" in the Jazz Team Server.

Finally, as an IBMi developer, you'll likely want to use Rational Developer for Power 8.0 (with RTC client installed into this shell), to integrate the Developer and Team features in a single IDE.

-Sean-

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.