It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC2 Upgrade to RTC3

Yaron Norani (47267065) | asked Mar 27 '11, 9:15 a.m.
Hello,

I have Linux server with Oracle DB and LDAP.
I would like to perform the following.
Istead of upgrading I would like to install RTC3 and then only migrate the data from old to new installation.
So, it is not an upgrade but a migration of information.
Can I perform it?
Is it with repotools?
plesae send link to a procedure.

Thanks,

Yaron

6 answers

permanent link
Jeff Ong (14113847) | answered Mar 28 '11, 10:09 a.m.
Hi Yaron,

Yes, repotools can do that for you. We managed to do what you want in our test environment. We migrated from an RTC 2/Linux/DB2 to an RTC 3.0/AIX/DB2 environment using the the instructions on http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_upgrade_switch_db_vendor.html

Hello,

I have Linux server with Oracle DB and LDAP.
I would like to perform the following.
Istead of upgrading I would like to install RTC3 and then only migrate the data from old to new installation.
So, it is not an upgrade but a migration of information.
Can I perform it?
Is it with repotools?
plesae send link to a procedure.

Thanks,

Yaron

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Mar 30 '11, 10:45 a.m.
Hello,

We performed the whole configuration and upgrade according to the procedure.
We got some errors. How can I attach them?

The errors are within section 5 (procedure) while import content into V3.

Please advise.

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Mar 30 '11, 12:27 p.m.
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
2011-03-30 16:18:45,023 CRJAZ1150I The verification of the repository failed. Exception retrieving workspace 'Dudis_AuroraAOI_Integ Workspace' component 'SE_Xerces' file 'schema-3.html' contents
com.ibm.team.scm.common.VersionedContentNotFound: Content not found
at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.content.VersionedContentService$AbstractContentReceiver.postProcess(VersionedContentService.java:3097)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
2011-03-30 16:18:44,987 CRJAZ1150I The verification of the repository failed. Exception retrieving workspace 'Product Linux AuroraAOI_Rel Workspace' component 'Aurora_AOI' file 'Win_AAOI_MANAGER.tcl' contents
com.ibm.team.scm.common.VersionedContentNotFound: Content not found
at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.content.VersionedContentService$AbstractContentReceiver.postProcess(VersionedContentService.java:3097)
at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.content.VersionedContentService.doRetrieveContent(VersionedContentService.java:1783)
at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.content.VersionedContentService.access$9(VersionedContentService.java:1777)
at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.content.VersionedContentService$4.run(VersionedContentService.java:903)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase$Transaction.run(RepositoryDatabase.java:440)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase$1.run(RepositoryDatabase.java:267)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.withCurrentConnection(ConnectionPoolService.java:332)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor24.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at $Proxy612.withCurrentConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:263)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runInTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:219)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.TransactionService.runInTransaction(TransactionService.java:119)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor47.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at $Proxy651.runInTransaction(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.content.VersionedContentService.fetchContentTrusted(VersionedContentService.java:900)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor170.invoke(Unknown Source)

2011-03-30 16:18:45,054
2011-03-30 16:18:45,054
2011-03-30 16:18:45,054 ##############################################################################################
2011-03-30 16:18:45,054 ****** Migration Errors ******
2011-03-30 16:18:45,054 CRJAZ0656I **ERROR** Migration completed with errors. The imported database is in an inconsistent state and should not be used without further analysis.
Check the migration log "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/repotools-jazz_import.log" for details.
2011-03-30 16:18:45,054 ##############################################################################################
2011-03-30 16:18:45,054 The user "ADMIN" has logged out of the database "thin:xxxxxxxx@localhost:1521/jazzorcl".

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Mar 30 '11, 5:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Please advise.

Hi Yoran

I recommend you create a defect for this, so development will get to see this quickly.

Looking at the logs - the problem seems to be when looking for specific files in a workspace. You may want to confirm these files exist in the workspace when you look at the repository in 2.0

anthony

permanent link
Michael Dexter (9221114) | answered Apr 13 '11, 10:07 a.m.
Did you end up creating the defect? We are seeing the same errors.
Can you please provide the defect work item for us..?

Hello,

Please advise.

Hi Yoran

I recommend you create a defect for this, so development will get to see this quickly.

Looking at the logs - the problem seems to be when looking for specific files in a workspace. You may want to confirm these files exist in the workspace when you look at the repository in 2.0

anthony

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Apr 13 '11, 10:40 a.m.
Hi,

We performed same migration scenario once again and it ended with no errors.
We did not perform any change that I can direct as the cause for failure at the first time.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.