It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0 ifix 1 upgrade not working w/ Derby or DB2

James Stroud (11) | asked Mar 21 '11, 3:35 p.m.
:?
Folks, I'm at a loss. I had Rational Team Concert 3.0 working fine with initially derby, then db2 9.7 and then db2 9.7.0.3a. I kept it all on tomcat. I then applied ifix1 and I could no longer get RTC to work w/ DB2. I checked and updated "teamserver.properties" under both the
/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/ccm
and
/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/jts
directories. I tried rebooting restarting db2 etc etc.

So I reverted back to a prior VMWare snapshot of RTC 3 working w/ just derby. I made sure that worked fine and stopped RTC. I then upgraded to RTC 3.0 iFix 1. Know my RTC 3.0 iFix1 won't work Derby. I checked the teamserver.properties and it is still configured properly to communicate with derby. I'm at a loss. Has anyone gotten this iFix to work and if so what other changes are needed.

FYI Here is the error I get from the jazz team server ... server admin .. status ... status summary html page
Error fetching server status information. View the Database Status section below for more information.ID CRJAZ1506E

One answer

permanent link
benjamin diz alvarez (811) | answered Mar 25 '11, 1:40 a.m.
Hi James,

After attempting the upgrade I got the same problem on my local machine. Here is how I fixed it along with an explanation of what is going on:

What happened during the upgrade:

(Note: I was using the default out of the box Derby database and tomcat user registry)

-Upgraded to 3.0 iFix1 through the installation manager
-The installation manager replaced my JTS and CCM teamserver.properties files with default copies
-The installation manager also replaced my tomcat-user.xml file with it's own default file resulting an the inability to login
-The system itself was upgraded to 3.0 iFix1

Steps to resolution:

1) Shut down RTC
2) Replace new JTS and CCM teamserver.properties files with older versions (your server should back them up automatically and keep them within the same directory as you teamserver.properties files)
3) Replace the tomcat-users.xml with your backup copy using the following procedure:

I) Find your backup tomcat-users.xml and save it to c:\temp\

II) In the command prompt, navigate to Jazz_Install_Directory\server\tomcat\conf

III) Execute the following commands to import the Tomcat users
copy tomcat-users.xml tomcat-users.xml.other
copy c:\temp\tomcat-users.xml tomcat-users.xml

4) Restart RTC
5) Log into JTS
6) Log into CCM
7) The link between the two applications should now be returned and all users/data should be accessible on RTC 3.0 iFix1.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.