It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with dashboard viewlet configuration

Mark Prout (13411510) | asked May 14 '08, 7:23 a.m.
Hi, I'm currently trying to customise my projects dashboard by adding to it a few build/test related viewlets;

Frequent Test Failures
JUNIT Test Failures
Number of Tests
etc

I have updated the datawarehouse snapshot and using the reports tab can view the generated shared reports. However when I attempt to configure the viewlets that I have added to the project dashboard I am not presented with the necessary selection options such as build definition.

Any suggestions?

10 answers

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Jul 03 '08, 2:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mark,

I am going to need some more information to figure out the exact nature of the problem.

A) In the viewlet settings area for the "Frequent Test Failures" viewlet, are there selectable values for "Team Area" or are just the values for "Build Definition" missing?

* Does the "Build Definition" field value say "?
* Verify that a team area is selected that actually contains build definitions
=> The "Build Definition" field gets dynamically populated based on the "Team Area" field selected

B) Does the Reports Web UI work as expected?

Try this:
(1) Go to Reports Web UI
(2) Click on "Frequent Test Failures" report in the left nav
(3) Click on the parameters header section
(4) Verify that the "Team Area", "Build Definition", etc. fields are populated with parameter values.
=> If not, I believe the data warehouse snapshot is not loaded correctly

Thanks,

Mike

permanent link
Rick Janda (26) | answered Feb 25 '09, 5:25 a.m.
Hello,

I encountered exactly the same issue. The JUnit-related reports (Micro Junit tests, Micro JUnit failures) does not show me any Team Area and Build definition for selection even after updating all data warehouse snapshots. The same happens for the JUnit failures viewlet in the dashboard.

On the other hand the build health report works fine, permits me to select my team area and than my build definition.

Does the JUnit xml reports created during the ant build have to be named or anounced in a special way, that the data warehouse recognise them? I published them with the junitLogPublisher task and the build log in the RTC shows me the junit results as expected.

Regards, Rick

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Feb 25 '09, 12:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rick,

Response below:

>> The JUnit-related reports (Micro Junit tests, Micro JUnit failures)
>> does not show me any Team Area and Build definition for selection

What entries do you see within the "Team Area" and "Build Definition" drop menus? Do you see an error ?

>> On the other hand the build health report works fine,
>> permits me to select my team area and than my build definition.

Strange, usually it is all or nothing. I still suspect a data warehouse loading issue

>> Does the JUnit xml reports created during the ant build have
>> to be named or anounced in a special way

Not to my knowledge. I'll try to get someone from the Reports team to comment. Can you check the Reports Web UI as per my previous comment (B)?

Thanks,

Mike

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 25 '09, 2:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As Mike has suggested, can you please try the same reports from Reports tab instead of the dashboard. If that works, then we will know this is a problem with the report templates.

permanent link
Rick Janda (26) | answered Feb 26 '09, 7:42 a.m.
As Mike has suggested, can you please try the same reports from Reports tab instead of the dashboard. If that works, then we will know this is a problem with the report templates.

Neighter the JUnit related dashboard viewlets nor the reports in the report section work properly for me. The Team Area and the build defintion lists remain empty for both.

If I try for example the Build Health report or the according dashboard viewlet, I get my teams listed and can select the build definition as expected.

Thank you for your help.

Regards, Rick

permanent link
Rick Janda (26) | answered Feb 26 '09, 8:00 a.m.

What entries do you see within the "Team Area" and "Build Definition" drop menus? Do you see an error ?

Hello Mike,

there is no error shown, neighter in the GUI nor in the server log.
The "Team Area" list is just completely empty.
The "Build Definition" list shows "(no selection)" as the single selectable entry.

Is there a way to upload images or can I only reference images on another public available server? In the first case I could post some screenshots.

Thanks for your support.

Regards, Rick

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Feb 26 '09, 11:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rick,

>> Is there a way to upload images or can I only reference images
>> on another public available server?

As far as I know, there is no image upload mechanism. Screen shots can be added to work items however.

From your previous comment and the symptoms you describe, it sounds like the problem does not lie within the viewlet.

I will let Rafik comment further to get the Reports team's perspective

Thanks,

Mike

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 26 '09, 5:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Rick, can you please tell me what version of Team Concert are you using (server and client). If this 1.0.1 server, was it upgraded from 1.0. If it was can I get you upload the Dashboard report templates from a 1.0.1 client to your 1.0.1 server?
If you don't know how to do that, let me know and I will write the steps for you.

permanent link
Rick Janda (26) | answered Feb 27 '09, 4:41 a.m.
Hello Rick, can you please tell me what version of Team Concert are you using (server and client). If this 1.0.1 server, was it upgraded from 1.0. If it was can I get you upload the Dashboard report templates from a 1.0.1 client to your 1.0.1 server?
If you don't know how to do that, let me know and I will write the steps for you.

Hello,

I'm using a fresh install of RTC 1.0.1 Standard Edition on both sides, server and client.

Regards,
Rick

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 27 '09, 4:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
My next obvious question is do you have build results that got junit errors that you can see in the build result junit tab?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.