It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Attributes in Plan

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Mar 17 '11, 1:48 p.m.
I am doing an Iteration Plan, and under the "View As", I selected "Team Folders" and Edit. I want to customize the attributes displayed on the Planned Items tab.

However, while I can select a bunch of attributes, I don't see one of my Custom Attributes, which is what I want to show. Is this available and if so, what step am I missing?

Thanks
Susan

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 22 '11, 5:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Susan,

I think you have to configure the plan attribute mapping first. In the Process Configuration>Configurtion Data>Planning>Plan Attributes add your attributes to the mapping. (Not sure this step is really required.)

In the plan mode/plan view editor there is a separate tab (columns/view layout) that should present you the attributes to select them.

Ralph

I am doing an Iteration Plan, and under the "View As", I selected "Team Folders" and Edit. I want to customize the attributes displayed on the Planned Items tab.

However, while I can select a bunch of attributes, I don't see one of my Custom Attributes, which is what I want to show. Is this available and if so, what step am I missing?

Thanks
Susan

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Mar 24 '11, 4:44 p.m.
I went in and added it in the Plan Attribute Mapping, and then in my Plan, I was able to do View AS "Planned Time" and edit, define the layout there. But I now have 2 problems/questions:
1) the "release" field that I now see in the plan is the Literal of the Enumeration (releases.literal.l2) and not the display value for that literal ("Matterhorn"). Is there some way to fix this?
2) Is there a way to define this layout as the default for all Plans? or does every team have to go in to modify this?

Susan

Hi Susan,

I think you have to configure the plan attribute mapping first. In the Process Configuration>Configurtion Data>Planning>Plan Attributes add your attributes to the mapping. (Not sure this step is really required.)

In the plan mode/plan view editor there is a separate tab (columns/view layout) that should present you the attributes to select them.

Ralph

Thanks
Susan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.