It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error in setup Data warehouse over Oracle 11.2 RQm3.0M13

Sandrine Kalk (122) | asked Mar 16 '11, 4:48 a.m.
retagged Jun 22 '13, 2:45 p.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
We created the DB, Tablespaces, and User.
Test Connection works ok, reports no tables.
When we click the Create tables in the web setup (/jts/setup), we get error:
CRJAZ1745E
The database creation failed with an exception
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA= CONFIG at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.internalExecuteSql(AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:215) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.executeSql(AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:92) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.oracle.internal.OracleDataWarehouseDbProvider.createDataWarehouseCoreTables(OracleDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:30) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy964.createDataWarehouseCoreTables(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService$1.run(RemoteDatabaseService.java:125) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService$4.run(RemoteDatabaseService.java:191) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.withCurrentConnection(ConnectionPoolService.java:336) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService.write(RemoteDatabaseService.java:181) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService.createRemoteSchemas(RemoteDatabaseService.java:113) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy923.createRemoteSchemas(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.InternalDataWarehouseService$9.run(InternalDataWarehouseService.java:1154) Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01435: user does not exist at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:440) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:396) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:837) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:445) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:191) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:523) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.doOall8(T4CStatement.java:193) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeForRows(T4CStatement.java:999) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1315) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeInternal(OracleStatement.java:1890) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.execute(OracleStatement.java:1855) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatementWrapper.execute(OracleStatementWrapper.java:304) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.stat.StatementStatWrapper.execute(StatementStatWrapper.java:178) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.errlog.StatementErrLogWrapper.execute(StatementErrLogWrapper.java:169) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.leak.StatementLeakWrapper.execute(StatementLeakWrapper.java:70) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.internalExecuteSql(AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:203) ... 24 more

For reference, when using Derby, it works.

Comments
Sudheer Rugbeer commented Jun 10 '13, 8:42 a.m.

Hi Sandrine,

Did you manage to resolve this error?
I am getting this exact same error trying to create the Data Warehouse.
We are using CLM 4.0.1 and Oracle 11.2.0.3 on AIX 7.1

Regards,
Sudheer

5 answers

permanent link
Sean G Wilbur (87212421) | answered Apr 12 '11, 2:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm seeing the same issue on linux in beta3. Did you file a defect or manage to get or find a resolution ?

Haven't tried with RC1 yet, but I'll give that a try and see if the same issue exists there when I get a chance.

-Sean

Comments
Sudheer Rugbeer commented Jun 12 '13, 10:41 a.m. | edited Jun 12 '13, 11:06 a.m.

Hi Sean,

Did you ever find the cause of this error?

I am getting this exact same error trying to create the Data Warehouse.
We are using CLM 4.0.1 and Oracle 11.2.0.3 on AIX 7.1 + WAS 8.0.0.3

[EDIT] I have just seen that the error I get is slightly different in terms of the Stack Trace:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA= CONFIG
    at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.internalExecuteSql(AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:247)
    at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.executeSql(AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:113)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01435: user does not exist

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:445)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:396)
CRJAZ1728E An unexpected error has been detected.

Regards,
Sudheer

Marco Valerio Way commented Jun 19 '13, 2:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Today I get the same error configuring the DW with the new CLM 4.0.3

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered Jun 20 '13, 1:00 a.m.
The DW creation is owned by jazz foundation, I added tag 'jazz-foundation' to it so that they can see it and give comments.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jun 23 '13, 1:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please ensure the database user specified in the data warehouse setup page has DBA.

Comments
Marco Valerio Way commented Jun 24 '13, 5:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is true for me, we created a user called DW with DBA permission to the oracle schema DW

permanent link
Marco Valerio Way (5089) | answered Jul 03 '13, 6:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 03 '13, 6:48 a.m.
I solved the error: during the creation of users and tablespaces listed into https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/MoreControlOverTheOracleDataWarehouseSetup, the ALTER USER CONFIG QUOTA UNLIMITED ON VNF_IDX
wasn't executed, so the datawarehouse user with dba role we used to run the rest of the setup wasn't able to use the tablespace VNF_IDX as CONFIG user, doing an alter session statement.

permanent link
Sudheer Rugbeer (11521632) | answered Jul 03 '13, 7:30 a.m.
Hi All,

In my case the reason for the error was that we did not explicitly create the Data Warehouse users (the instructions for the wiki said information only, do not execute the steps unless instructed by IBM Support).

My issue was resolved in this Jazz Forum question:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/116167/when-creating-the-data-warehouse-manually-in-oracle-using-the-more-control-over-oracle-warehouse-wiki-do-we-need-to-run-the-user-creation-step-step2-as-well

Regards,
Sudheer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.