It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems when changing the password of the RAM admin in LDAP

raimondo castino (1144) | asked Mar 10 '11, 6:30 a.m.
I installed and configured RAM 7.5 to use an LDAP and specified a user in this registry both as RAM administrator and to access the internal Rational Team Concert server.

After changing the user password (it was expired), I was able to login with the new one but a problem occurred: the Applet showing the lifecycle's state diagram disappeared (in the General Settings section under Administration > Communities > Lifecycles). I tried to use different browsers (Chrome, IE, FF) without success. In the Java Console of the browser there was the exception: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denied.

The only way to solve this problem was restarting RAM server. This should be a bug, correct?

Other issue. After the RAM restart and login, a generic configuration error invited me to have a check to the configuration (the only working Tab). I guessed that this problem was related to the (old) password value used by Rational Asset Manager server to access the internal Rational Team Concert server... I updated this password setting and all worked again.

Is it possible to configure RAM to use an LDAP user registry but configure the RAM/RTC's administrator with a non-LDAP user (e.g. a user of the local OS, as did for the database admin user)?

My Environment:
Windows Server 2008
RAM V7.5.0.1 (Build: RAM7501-I20101213_1034)
DB2 9.7.3

Thanks,
Rai

3 answers

permanent link
Rogério Ramos da Silva (3352827) | answered Mar 10 '11, 9:30 a.m.
Hi Rai,

The one solution would be to configure a Federate Repository instead of pure LDAP.

permanent link
Rajasimhan Mandayam (3811144) | answered Mar 10 '11, 10:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The recommended way to fix password expiration is to go to ram.setup and enter the right password and it will update RAM & wherever else we use the credentials.

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Mar 10 '11, 10:08 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 3/10/2011 9:38 AM, rramoss wrote:
Hi Rai,

The one solution would be to configure a Federate Repository instead
of pure LDAP.

But RAM does not work well with a Federated Repository. It currently
allows anyone in the Federated Repository to log in, BUT it cannot
figure who that person is if they are not in the one RAM configured LDAP.

--
Rich Kulp
Rational Asset Manager developer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.