It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build Manager Suddenly Stops Processing Requests

Alan D (15631311) | asked Mar 08 '11, 2:38 p.m.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have a number of build scripts for different streams, and a couple for the repo workspaces I'm using. Some of the streams are owned by a specific team area, whose process configurations have been set up to restrict access to the stream.

Things appear to go fine - I use the build script to initiate a build, the build manager picks up the request and proceeds with the build. Then, for some reason, builds are left hanging and on looking at the build log the message is

"
2011-03-08 19:15:48 Substituted the following configuration element property variables:
2011-03-08 19:15:48 com.ibm.team.build.maven : com.ibm.team.build.maven.projectLocation = ${team.scm.fetchDestination}\NA - ParentPoms --> com.ibm.team.build.maven.projectLocation = e:\RTC_BUILDS\personalBuilds\axdonn\NA - ParentPoms
2011-03-08 19:15:48
2011-03-08 19:15:48 Should build occur?
2011-03-08 19:15:48 Yes: Always build a user initiated request.
CRRTC3527E: Operation blocked by process: 'Control The Build Lifecycle' failed. Permission denied. You don't have permission to perform the following actions:
Start Build (startBuild)
"

And this happens to every stream i then try to build against. I' the only administrator who can change the Process Configurations for the Project Areas and Team Areas, so none of the settings have been altered. Jazz seems to go off on it's own oddessy and ignore the requests.

This tool is driving me crazy.

2 answers

permanent link
Alan D (15631311) | answered Mar 09 '11, 4:51 a.m.
If I get a build error, then I can't make any more build requests.

Sometimes restarting the build engine solves this, but this morning this hasn't proved to be the case.

I've restarted the build engine with another userId and password - these builds to failed to start owing to the same error in the original post.

I then restarted the build engine again with the original username / password, and the build is starting.

This is pants.

permanent link
Alan D (15631311) | answered Mar 09 '11, 5:14 a.m.
Hmm, even the work around doesn't always 'work around'.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.