It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0 Client + STS 2.5.2 SR1

Mihael Sedmak (111) | asked Mar 07 '11, 1:39 p.m.
Hi all,

Just to share a tip about an installation success....

My setup:
1. STS 2.5.2 SR1 (SpringSource Tool Suite based on Eclipse 3.6.2) on Windows 7 64bit (tried on Ubuntu 10.10 32bit, also success)
2. RTC 3.0 Client p2 repository for client installation (tried the installation manager variant, also success)

I had trouble installing the client in my STS, and thought that the issues were caused due RTC 3.0 client supporting Eclipse 3.6.1 (errors included Eclipse XSD feature version mismatch).... The issues were in fact caused by the restrictive network policy which disallowed contacting the Eclipse Helios update site while installing RTC 3.0 client. Once i got home and tried again, it worked like a charm... Eclipse update mechanism contacted the update site, handled the dependencies and installed RTC 3.0 client without any problems....

Won't go into further detail, just wanted to share the fact that RTC 3.0 client can be used with the latest and greatest (stable) Eclipse enhanced with a bunch of cool SpringSource (and other) plugins because i didn't find any resources on the Internet about such combination of tools (and versions)...

Mihael

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.