It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error whil initializing project area

David Crocker (262) | asked Apr 02 '09, 11:10 a.m.
While creating a project and selecting automatically initialize the project area we get an error:

CreatingProjectArea(Time od error: April2, 2009 11:04:40 AM EDT) Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException.

If I try to right click the project and click on initialize, we get the same error.

We are running RTC on an XP laptop and connected to a Jazz Server running in WAS.

Using IBM Manager, we have updated the latest versions.

Thanks for any help!

4 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Apr 02 '09, 12:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi David,

Can you check the Error Log in your Eclipse client and see if the stack trace for the NullPointerException is there?
If so, will you paste it here or open a new Defect for this so that we can look into it further?

Thanks,
Martha

permanent link
David Crocker (262) | answered Apr 02 '09, 4:16 p.m.
Martha,
I already ended everything. We installed tomcat for now. We would like to go back to websphere, but.. confidence is low. Here is what I found on the WAS server:

00000015 SystemOut O 11:19:08,343 ERROR com.ibm.team.process.common -
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindConfigurationProperties(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:180)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:493)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.java:69)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.forceActivate(ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.java:91)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.registry.ExtensionServiceElementDescriptor.getImplementation(ExtensionServiceElementDescriptor.java:341)

I could get more if you like. Thanks

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Apr 03 '09, 5:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Do you see any other error in the server.log when you started the server ? If you see any errors about bundles not available, then the plugins are not installed correctly.

Can you try the following :
Go to https://{your server name}:9443/jazz/admin?internal=true , click on "Server Reset" link on the left. Click on "Request server reset" button. Now restart the server and perform the same operation. Let us know if you still see the same problem.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

Martha,
I already ended everything. We installed tomcat for now. We would like to go back to websphere, but.. confidence is low. Here is what I found on the WAS server:

00000015 SystemOut O 11:19:08,343 ERROR com.ibm.team.process.common -
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindConfigurationProperties(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:180)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:493)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.java:69)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.forceActivate(ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.java:91)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.registry.ExtensionServiceElementDescriptor.getImplementation(ExtensionServiceElementDescriptor.java:341)

I could get more if you like. Thanks

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered Sep 10 '11, 5:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, dcrocker, I encounter the same problem with you,
Did you fix it? And how? THKS.

While creating a project and selecting automatically initialize the project area we get an error:

CreatingProjectArea(Time od error: April2, 2009 11:04:40 AM EDT) Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException.

If I try to right click the project and click on initialize, we get the same error.

We are running RTC on an XP laptop and connected to a Jazz Server running in WAS.

Using IBM Manager, we have updated the latest versions.

Thanks for any help!

Did you see any error message in the Team Advisor view on eclipse client? What's the version of RTC you are using? Which template are you using? Did you try to create a project with other template?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.