It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC to DOORS bi-directional?

Scott Raley (13542931) | asked Mar 04 '11, 7:13 a.m.
I have RRC 2.0.0.3 and DOORS 9.2.0.5 talking and can send from RRC to DOORS. Anyway if I change something in doors I can sync it back? What about RRC 3 beta M12 that I'm installing on another machine?

3 answers

permanent link
Jared Pulham (32113) | answered Mar 08 '11, 6:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have RRC 2.0.0.3 and DOORS 9.2.0.5 talking and can send from RRC to DOORS. Anyway if I change something in doors I can sync it back? What about RRC 3 beta M12 that I'm installing on another machine?

We will be changing the integration model for supporting DOORS and RRC in the future. Our intention is to support the new OSLC integration framework and give a more robust model for visual requirements traced through to text requirements managed in DOORS.

The next release of RRC will not immediately support the current DOORS integration while we make many architectural changes to RRC. While we anticipate that there will be a short gap in a DOORS/RRC Next integration we will or course continue to support customer's projects that are currently using DOORS 9.x and RRC 2.x today. The new OSLC based integration will be provided in a very near term RRC/DOORS release.

Jared Pulham
Product Manager, Requirements Management Tools

permanent link
Scott Raley (13542931) | answered Mar 08 '11, 8:43 a.m.

We will be changing the integration model for supporting DOORS and RRC in the future. Our intention is to support the new OSLC integration framework and give a more robust model for visual requirements traced through to text requirements managed in DOORS.

The next release of RRC will not immediately support the current DOORS integration while we make many architectural changes to RRC. While we anticipate that there will be a short gap in a DOORS/RRC Next integration we will or course continue to support customer's projects that are currently using DOORS 9.x and RRC 2.x today. The new OSLC based integration will be provided in a very near term RRC/DOORS release.

Jared Pulham

Are you talking about the rrc 3 that will be the gap while the architecture is changed? I'm installing the M13 now to see the features on another machine with DOORS.
Thanks

permanent link
Jared Pulham (32113) | answered Mar 08 '11, 11:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Jared Pulham

Are you talking about the rrc 3 that will be the gap while the architecture is changed? I'm installing the M13 now to see the features on another machine with DOORS.
Thanks

Yes I'm talking about RRC 3.0. You will not find the functionality in M13.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.