It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connection timeout and floating license

T M (8876188143) | asked Mar 01 '11, 4:27 a.m.
"Eclipse Client -> right click on connection -> properties". The "Connection timeout" value by default is 480 seconds (8 mins). If I have a floating license acquired and if the connection times out after 8 mins will the eclipse session also releases the acquired floating license? I haven't tried this and just thought of posting it here.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 01 '11, 2:15 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Theju,

i believe the timeout is only for cases where the connection can not be set up. I might be wrong, but as far as i know you have to log out (use the action in the client, also the web client) to return the license. If you don't it is going to be held for 120 minutes.

Ralph

"Eclipse Client -> right click on connection -> properties". The "Connection timeout" value by default is 480 seconds (8 mins). If I have a floating license acquired and if the connection times out after 8 mins will the eclipse session also releases the acquired floating license? I haven't tried this and just thought of posting it here.

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.