It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRJAZ1812E error when running repotools-jazz

Thomas Loeber (62237850) | asked Feb 25 '11, 7:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
During a RTC 2.0 to RTC 3.0 upgrade I received the following error when running repotools-jazz -migration_importJTSData

CRJAZ1812E This command can only run on a Jazz Team Server, and is not intended to run on applications. See the migration documentation for the steps to run migration.
Prior to this all went well. I'm using the default derby database.

3 answers

permanent link
Thomas Loeber (62237850) | answered Feb 25 '11, 10:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
During a RTC 2.0 to RTC 3.0 upgrade I received the following error when running repotools-jazz -migration_importJTSData

CRJAZ1812E This command can only run on a Jazz Team Server, and is not intended to run on applications. See the migration documentation for the steps to run migration.

Problem solved. I needed to run repotools-jts not repotools-jazz

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Jul 25 '11, 2:48 p.m.
I am on a Windows 2003 server with SQLServer as the RTC Database.

I am running this as part of the Upgrade from RTC v2.x to CLM v3.0.1. We will be upgrading RTC and RQM and adding RRC as part of our upgrade effort. this is being done in a test environment right now.

I am stepping through the CLM Workshop v1.0 documents (this issue is being encountered in "Lab 3" - Upgrade RTC). The labs use WAS and Derby DB in them. However, I was able to use the "Interactive upgrade guide" to do what I needed to do for SQL and Tomcat. Everything appears to be going well up until this point, where I have run into this error about not being on a Jazz Team Server. The earlier labs in the Workshop take you thru all of the steps needed to make the current Jazz server a "Jazz Team Server".

When I first encountered the error, I followed the suggestions in this topic and made sure that the teamserver.properties file variable "com.ibm.team.repository.server.webapp.url" was set to "jts" as shown here:

com.ibm.team.repository.server.webapp.url=https\://RTCSERVER\:9443/jts

I still get the error when I go back into the script from the lab and try to pick up at Step 3 (which is where the error is seen). Steps 1 and 2 of this part of the lab went fine without errors.

NOTE:There is an Informational warning regarding the the full text index. To me it is nonsensical because I do have an an absolute directory that it is pointing to.

Here is the exact step and error:

Step 3: Import user information into the JTS database
-----------------------------------------------------

Directory: "C:\UpgradeWS\IBM\RTC301\server"
Command:
repotools-jazz.bat -migration_importJTSData fromFile="C:\UpgradeWS\IBM\RTC301\server"\jtsData.tar createMappingFile="C:\UpgradeWS\IBM\RTC301\server"\appli-mapping.txt createTables

Enter to execute this step, to skip it or hit to cancel the scri
pt execution:
E

Repo Tools
Provisioning using "C:\UpgradeWS\IBM\RTC301\server\conf\jazz\provision_profiles"
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 3.0.1 (RJF-I20110602-0017)
Change and Configuration Management - Core Libraries, Version 3.0.1 (RTC-I2011
0602-0252)

CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:conf/jazz/teamserver.properties"

CRJAZ1778I This server is configured as an application.
CRJAZ1970I The application is configured with:
Public URI: "https://RTCSERVER/jts"
Jazz Team Server location: "https://RTCSERVER:9443/jts/"
CRJAZ1365I The server is attempting to connect to the following database: "//RTCDBSERVER:1433;databaseName=rtc;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;"
CRJAZ1364I The connection to the following database was successful:
Db Product Name: Microsoft SQL Server
Db Product Version: 9.00.5057
Db URL: jdbc:sqlserver://RTCDBSERVER:1433;databaseName=rtc;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;
Jdbc Driver Name: Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0
Jdbc Driver Version: 2.0.1803.100
CRJAZ8192I: Fulltext Index Location: C:\UpgradeWS\IBM\RTC301\server\conf\jazz\indices\workitemindex\fulltext_index
CRJAZ8190I: The fulltext index should point to an absolute directory but is currently set to 'conf/jazz/indices/workitemindex'

The ccm upgrade failed at step 3. Correct the problem and run the script again
starting at step 3.
--- End of error ---

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Jul 25 '11, 5:08 p.m.
I was able to resolve this by uninstalling JTS 3.0.1 and reinstalling it again. The second time that I installed it, I made sure that the jts and ccm parts of the installation went under the same top level folder. (i.e., \JTS301 and \RTC301 were at the same level). Then when I ran the steps described in the Workshop, the folders lined up correctly and I was able to move past this issue.

I am on a Windows 2003 server with SQLServer as the RTC Database.

I am running this as part of the Upgrade from RTC v2.x to CLM v3.0.1. We will be upgrading RTC and RQM and adding RRC as part of our upgrade effort. this is being done in a test environment right now.

I am stepping through the CLM Workshop v1.0 documents (this issue is being encountered in "Lab 3" - Upgrade RTC). The labs use WAS and Derby DB in them. However, I was able to use the "Interactive upgrade guide" to do what I needed to do for SQL and Tomcat. Everything appears to be going well up until this point, where I have run into this error about not being on a Jazz Team Server. The earlier labs in the Workshop take you thru all of the steps needed to make the current Jazz server a "Jazz Team Server".

When I first encountered the error, I followed the suggestions in this topic and made sure that the teamserver.properties file variable "com.ibm.team.repository.server.webapp.url" was set to "jts" as shown here:

com.ibm.team.repository.server.webapp.url=https\://RTCSERVER\:9443/jts

I still get the error when I go back into the script from the lab and try to pick up at Step 3 (which is where the error is seen). Steps 1 and 2 of this part of the lab went fine without errors.

NOTE:There is an Informational warning regarding the the full text index. To me it is nonsensical because I do have an an absolute directory that it is pointing to.

Here is the exact step and error:

Step 3: Import user information into the JTS database
-----------------------------------------------------

Directory: "C:\UpgradeWS\IBM\RTC301\server"
Command:
repotools-jazz.bat -migration_importJTSData fromFile="C:\UpgradeWS\IBM\RTC301\server"\jtsData.tar createMappingFile="C:\UpgradeWS\IBM\RTC301\server"\appli-mapping.txt createTables

Enter to execute this step, to skip it or hit to cancel the scri
pt execution:
E

Repo Tools
Provisioning using "C:\UpgradeWS\IBM\RTC301\server\conf\jazz\provision_profiles"
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 3.0.1 (RJF-I20110602-0017)
Change and Configuration Management - Core Libraries, Version 3.0.1 (RTC-I2011
0602-0252)

CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:conf/jazz/teamserver.properties"

CRJAZ1778I This server is configured as an application.
CRJAZ1970I The application is configured with:
Public URI: "https://RTCSERVER/jts"
Jazz Team Server location: "https://RTCSERVER:9443/jts/"
CRJAZ1365I The server is attempting to connect to the following database: "//RTCDBSERVER:1433;databaseName=rtc;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;"
CRJAZ1364I The connection to the following database was successful:
Db Product Name: Microsoft SQL Server
Db Product Version: 9.00.5057
Db URL: jdbc:sqlserver://RTCDBSERVER:1433;databaseName=rtc;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;
Jdbc Driver Name: Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0
Jdbc Driver Version: 2.0.1803.100
CRJAZ8192I: Fulltext Index Location: C:\UpgradeWS\IBM\RTC301\server\conf\jazz\indices\workitemindex\fulltext_index
CRJAZ8190I: The fulltext index should point to an absolute directory but is currently set to 'conf/jazz/indices/workitemindex'

The ccm upgrade failed at step 3. Correct the problem and run the script again
starting at step 3.
--- End of error ---

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.