It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM command line broken out of the box?

Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | asked Feb 16 '11, 10:28 a.m.
I have a fresh, stock installation of the RTC 3.0 client package on Linux, including the default Java.

I'm exploring use of the SCM command line, so my very first task was to attempt to view the login help so I can login to our repository:

#lscm help login

/opt/IBM/TeamConcert/scmtools/eclipse/lscm: line 5: /opt/IBM/TeamConcert/scmtools/eclipse/../../jdk/jre/bin/javas: No such file or directory

The jdk/jre/bin directory exists, but there's no program in there called "javas". I've been working with Java for a long time and I've never heard of a program called "javas". I'm assuming this was a typo?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Feb 16 '11, 10:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/151716

I believe the problem only exists when using Install Manager. It corrupted the script for command line. If you download the zip file, the script should be fine.
Jeff Care selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | answered Feb 16 '11, 10:37 a.m.
I modified /opt/IBM/TeamConcert/scmtools/eclipse/lscm to call java instead of javas, now this:

#lscm help login

Expected coordinates from daemon. Daemon's error:
Feb 16, 2011 10:30:27 AM com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.LoggingHelper log
SEVERE: Status ERROR: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=0 java.io.IOException: /opt/IBM/TeamConcert/scmtools/eclipse/scripts/unix/mkroot: cannot execute com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.HardcodedPermissionUtils$FailedToRunException: java.io.IOException: /opt/IBM/TeamConcert/scmtools/eclipse/scripts/unix/mkroot: cannot execute
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.HardcodedPermissionUtils$FailedToRunException: java.io.IOException: /opt/IBM/TeamConcert/scmtools/eclipse/scripts/unix/mkroot: cannot execute
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.HardcodedPermissionUtils.run(HardcodedPermissionUtils.java:135)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.HardcodedPermissionUtils.mkRoot(HardcodedPermissionUtils.java:171)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.secureConfigLocation(SubcommandLauncher.java:379)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.doStart(SubcommandLauncher.java:337)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.run(SubcommandLauncher.java:148)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.start(Application.java:37)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: /opt/IBM/TeamConcert/scmtools/eclipse/scripts/unix/mkroot: cannot execute
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.fullPath(UNIXProcess.java:406)
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:178)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:114)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:479)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.HardcodedPermissionUtils.run(HardcodedPermissionUtils.java:133)
... 17 more
Error securing .jazz-scm:
Unexpected error securing /home/carej/.jazz-scm - java.io.IOException: /opt/IBM/TeamConcert/scmtools/eclipse/scripts/unix/mkroot: cannot execute

Here's the recursive listing for the scripts directory:

ls -lR scripts

scripts:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 96 2011-02-16 09:42 unix

scripts/unix:
total 8
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 152 2010-11-12 18:14 mkfile
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 308 2010-11-12 18:14 mkroot

permanent link
Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | answered Feb 16 '11, 10:40 a.m.
After running chmod a+x on the files in /opt/IBM/TeamConcert/scmtools/eclipse/scripts/unix I finally had some success:

#lscm help login

Help on login
Store credentials to use when logging into a repository.

Usage: lscm login [options]

Options:
--certificate arg - The file containing the user's login certificate.
--smartCard - Use the connected smart card for authentication.
-c [--cache] - Cache the password on prompt
-n [--nickname] arg - Nickname to identify repository in future.
-P [--password] arg - Password for repository.
-r [--repository-uri] arg - URI specifying the location of repository.
-u [--username] arg - Username for repository.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.