It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

MIME types in Web UI 3.0

Brian Rodecap (5183) | asked Feb 09 '11, 3:44 p.m.
In the RTC 2.0 web UI, our team used to be able to see the diff for changes for most .NET files (*.cs, *.csproj, *.sln, *.xaml, etc.). Since migrating to RTC 3.0, we cannot see the diff anymore in web UI.

Now we see a message stating, "Differences between the Before and After states of the file cannot be computed because neither of the content types of the states can be displayed: application/unknown, application/unknown."

Obviously, we can change the MIME type of individual files but I am wondering if there is something I missed in the upgrade or if this is a new issue for RTC 3.0.

2 answers

permanent link
Christophe Cornu (47123) | answered Feb 09 '11, 10:03 p.m.
Hi,

> we can change the MIME type of individual files but I am wondering if there is something I missed in the upgrade or if this is a new issue for RTC 3.0

Yes, in 3.0, RTC SCM Web UI only shows the diff for a file with a content type that is recognized as text - starts with "text/". We also recognize some well known mime types as text - application/xml, application/javascript, application/ecmascript, application/x-javascript.

You're correct than in 2.0.0.2 the diff was displayed regardless of the content type - even if the content was binary. That caused lots of trouble.

I've opened https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/153064 to better support your case. Please add yourself to the CC'list so you can track progress there and provide further input if necessary.

Thank you,

Christophe Cornu
RTC SCM Client

permanent link
Brian Rodecap (5183) | answered Feb 10 '11, 6:08 p.m.
I've added some additional comments to the enhancement request. This is a significant regression for us since we have thousands of artifacts already in source control with the old "application/unknown" MIME type.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.