It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT Data Source config for second repository

James DeVries (1174) | asked Feb 09 '11, 9:49 a.m.
We have multiple RTC repositories and would like to run reports within RTC that pull data from projects that might not be in the repository where the user is running the report.

When developing the report in BIRT Designer we can create multiple Data Sources and each one can point to any of the repositories we have registered in the RTC Eclipse client. If we run the report in designer it clearly loads data from the repository we have configured in the data source.

Once we deploy once of these reports to an RTC server all the data sources will only connect to the RTC repository where the report was deployed. Is there any way to override the setting on the data source so it can connect to a remote repository?

I've tried adding a script to the beforeOpen action on the data source to change the repository URL. That works when running in BIRT designer but it doesn't work once the report is deployed.

One answer

permanent link
Anup Kumar (11) | answered Aug 10 '16, 5:52 a.m.
Hi James,

I have a similar issue, I am trying to run a BIRT report for a project in one repository in another project in another repository, and every time it gives me an empty report. Kindly let me know if you found a solution for this. FYI, I am using customized work item types and attributes. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.