It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't connect to RTC with Native proxy mode

Sylvain LEQUEUX (2132728) | asked Feb 08 '11, 8:13 a.m.
Hi,

I'm using RTC 3.0. I have a server installed on a machine and an Eclipse client on my computer.

I'm surprised that the proxy config of Eclipse totally change the behaviour of the client.

The server and my computer are behind the same proxy (for exemple myproxy:8080 with user authentification). I have three choices to configure proxy in Eclipse :

• Direct : I could connect to RTC server but i don't have internet access
  • Manual : I set proxy host, port, user id and user password. I set exception for my company (*.company.com) which includes my rtc server. I have access to Internet and RTC
  • Native : I set proxy and exceptions in IE. I get the same config as in the manual mode. I have internet access but the client tells me that my client is not in the good version as if I was connecting to a v2 server.

Even stranger, if I set IE exception to rtc.mycompany.com, it works in IE (web) and Eclipse. But if I set IE exception to *.mycompany.com, it works in IE but not in Eclipse (I get the message for the version problem).

Of course, I could set the proxy config on Manual for now but I would prefer to use IE proxy config.

Does anyone has already had this problem ?

Regards,
Sylvain

One answer

permanent link
Sylvain LEQUEUX (2132728) | answered Mar 21 '11, 10:19 a.m.
Seeme to be an Eclipse issue : https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=323378

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.