It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set RTC client to always open work items in new tabs?

Andrii Boiko (312) | asked Mar 23 '12, 6:37 a.m.
Currently it can be done by always opening context menu on work item and clicking Open, which is rather annoying. Double clicking opens work item over currently highlighted work item, which I'll need to reopen after that.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Mar 23 '12, 10:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Currently it can be done by always opening context menu on work item and clicking Open, which is rather annoying. Double clicking opens work item over currently highlighted work item, which I'll need to reopen after that.
The Work Items view has preferences to always reuse work item editors. You can disable this so that work items will always open in their own editors.
Andrii Boiko selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Jia Jia Li (8058157192) | answered Mar 26 '12, 12:39 p.m.
The Work Items view has preferences to always reuse work item editors. You can disable this so that work items will always open in their own editors.

how to disable reuse work item editors?

permanent link
jeff tickner (51710) | answered Mar 26 '12, 5:48 p.m.

how to disable reuse work item editors?

By going to Window > Preferences > Work Items and unchecking the box titled "Always reuse editor from Work Items view"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.