It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I print testcases with scripts of certain types - RFT

Robert Ducharme (93128) | asked Feb 03 '11, 8:36 a.m.
Does anyone have advice on how to print out which test cases contain a script of a certain type? For instance, I want to print all test cases/scripts that use Functional Tester. Or I want to print all scripts that use Performance Tester.

I also would like to print out all test cases that have a TER that has a script assigned to it (or vice versa). This way, if I forget to add a script to a TER, I can find that easily and correct the problem.

I do not have RCR installed yet and am using 2.0.1.1 of RQM.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Mahesh Yelisetti (26) | answered Feb 04 '11, 11:50 a.m.
Good question

I believe that the Test Scripts have an association to Functional Tester or Performance Tester using the Category: Script Type

So if you meant to print all Test Scripts which have Functional Tester as Script Type, this what I suggest

Click on Construction Tab > View Test Scripts
Group results on Script Type
Select all scripts that belong to a type say functional Tester
Click on the PDF icon on the Header Column

You should get a PDF report which you can export to any other format

Hope this helps

Does anyone have advice on how to print out which test cases contain a script of a certain type? For instance, I want to print all test cases/scripts that use Functional Tester. Or I want to print all scripts that use Performance Tester.

I also would like to print out all test cases that have a TER that has a script assigned to it (or vice versa). This way, if I forget to add a script to a TER, I can find that easily and correct the problem.

I do not have RCR installed yet and am using 2.0.1.1 of RQM.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.