It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Read-only attribute based on role of logged in user

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Jan 31 '11, 5:20 p.m.
I am customizing a work item type, and I have a field that I wish to restrict editability to only members of a certain ROLE, like a release team. I can restrict the ability modify via the role configuration for that field, but the UI (Web and Eclipse) both make it editable and only give the error on the Save action. Is there a way to get the field to be read-only if the logged-in user does not have a specific role? I would like to still have the field visible for others, as it is an important piece of data.

Thanks
Susan

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 04 '11, 3:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Susan,

this seems to be not possible today, unless I am missing something fundamental. This is not supported. The Read-Only can only be selected globally at the attribute. In the editor presentation it is only possible to either select to inherit this from the attribute (default) or override that value with true or false.

Thanks,

Ralph

I am customizing a work item type, and I have a field that I wish to restrict editability to only members of a certain ROLE, like a release team. I can restrict the ability modify via the role configuration for that field, but the UI (Web and Eclipse) both make it editable and only give the error on the Save action. Is there a way to get the field to be read-only if the logged-in user does not have a specific role? I would like to still have the field visible for others, as it is an important piece of data.

Thanks
Susan

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Feb 04 '11, 8:18 a.m.
Thanks, I have submitted Enhancement 152410 for this request.

Susan

Hi Susan,

this seems to be not possible today, unless I am missing something fundamental. This is not supported. The Read-Only can only be selected globally at the attribute. In the editor presentation it is only possible to either select to inherit this from the attribute (default) or override that value with true or false.

Thanks,

Ralph

Thanks
Susan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.